Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 03-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
tonare
b00m!
portfolio
Ron
USA

Goz to C4D

Hi, is there a certain poly/point limit for using GoZ with another app?

I have no problem with most poly counts but whenever I use a really high poly count GoZ will not export to c4d. I've tried decimating down as well but I have a sculpt that would lose to much detail if I keep decimating anymore. I don't have another app like Maya to try so I was wondering if there is a limit or a rule of thumb to follow when using high poly counts with GoZ.

I'll just have to use displacement otherwise. I know I can manually export the model but I'm just wondering why GoZ is having problems transferring. It's nice to have the model export with my textures all in one click.

I'm using zb 4r5 and c4d 11
i7 3930k
32GB RAM

Thank you

Last edited by tonare : 03-22-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Dalmo
3D Mechanic

portfolio
Dale Almonrode
East Jordan, USA

Send a message via MSN to Dalmo
Cool max poly to c4d

Hi I saw your post and thought I would give it a try. I have in the past taken 1.5 million into c4d then into topogun . I like to go to c4d first to eliminate any scaleing issues. I have a head I was messing with today it was 820,000 at upper level and 3300 at lower. I ran it up to 3.3million and deleted the lower levels and tried goz to c4d and it would not go ,no frezze or anything just would not go. I exported the same file as obj then opened it in c4d , no problem!
So guess there is some limit in goz. It seems when it comes to c4d and zbrush, ya have to constantly find work arounds , wish ya coluld bake out the light maps to texture map, Its tough to get the same results as some of the lightcaps in c4d without alot of messing with lights and the texture in c4d. Zbrush is mainly a 2.5 program. maybe one day they will go 3d!
Any questions feel free to email me! Dale

Old 03-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
tonare
b00m!
portfolio
Ron
USA

Thanks Dale, I contacted Pixologic and all the could say was you shouldn't use that many poly's when using an app like c4d or maya. Not really the answer I was looking for but it seems anything over 2.1 million poly's is the threshold for goz...at least for my setup. I can import models exported from zb up to 3.5 million but ever with all the ram I have the c4d viewport is just way to slow. I'm just taking time to learn the best ways of using normal and displacement maps. I haven't quite got the detail I want yet but it's not bad.

Maybe when ZB goes 64bit we will be able to use goz a little better with higher res models.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread