Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
mattar_3d
Shady Issa Mattar
Mattar 3D Design Organization
Cana of galilee, Israel

Need help with 3ds max camera

Hi to all the experts
I made a camera animation scene in 3dsmax that is moving above 3d objects using vray camera. I rendered it in 25 FPS (Pal) with png sequences. after I rendered the movie I noticed that the animation is not smooth, and its choppy, you can see it clearly when the camera moves above the red objects, and when it arrive to the logo, the animation result is not smooth and make me feel Dizzy. I made a preview animation in 3ds max, and I notice the same problem.
The Client gave me last chance this weekend to solve the problem.
I tried to render in 30 FPS, same problem. I tried also to render as Avi format and I got the same problem. I will be glad if anyone help me to solve this problem, I even can send to you the 3ds max scene file.

the link in youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCeE...eature=youtu.be

the 3dsmax scene
http://www.jumbomail.co.il/Download...545736C5367633D

Thanks alot
Shady

Old 02-08-2013, 02:34 AM   #2
SoundLightSaga
Frequenter

portfolio
Nate Lane
USA

Nice little shot. What you need is added motion blur. Without it you get a strobe effects, especially in large moving shots like this.

Good luck.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #3
mattar_3d
Shady Issa Mattar
Cana of galilee, Israel

Thanks for reply

Hi
Thanks for your help, I will try it. But My question is, there is no way to fix this problem instead of adding the blur effect? In another words, what cause this phenomenon to appear?
Is it because in the real world camera, it creates automatically a motion blur so we do not see this choppy, however, in the 3d camera, it doesn't make this effect, because it is not a physical camera.

Last edited by mattar_3d : 02-08-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
SoundLightSaga
Frequenter

portfolio
Nate Lane
USA

With a real camera you have something called a shutter speed that will basically take out more and more of the blur in the image the higher you set it. However, a specific amount of blur is needed to make the image look smoother. So the majority of films you watch, animated or not, tend to lean towards a 1/48 shutter speed, or in physical film cameras a 180 degree "shutter". So yes a regular camera has the ability to take out nearly completely (in theory) the "blur" effect, but its actually sought after. If you don't have it, your just flashing a bunch of pictures together with no relation between the last and the next.

I think it was on The Incredibles that Brad Bird said they had finally gotten to a good level of "film-looking" motion blur... Animators have to work a little harder to get good looking motion blur, but if done correctly (not too much and not too little) then the audience shouldn't even notice it.

Freeze frame on any animated/non animated shot(where camera movement or action takes place mind you) and you'll see that there's always atleast some amount of motion blur, even the Pixar, Dreamworks, Lucasarts etc. Introductions all have motion blur.

Last edited by SoundLightSaga : 02-08-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
mattar_3d
Shady Issa Mattar
Cana of galilee, Israel

another opinion

I'll be happy if anyone else give his opinion about this problem..

thanks
shady

Old 02-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread