I'm having an issue with a scene that uses incandescent particles in conjunction with final gather and GI for lighting:
FG/GI simply shuts down at a certain point in the animation.
- I have 15 objects nested within each other.
- They are eaten away, outer to inner, by an animated texture map.
- The particles emit throughout as a camera moves toward it.
- The particles are the only source of light in the scene.
- I have FG mode set to Automatic, (tried others without success).
- FG Tracing and Raytracing Refraction limit are set to 20, Trace depth 20
Everything works as expected until the camera very gets close to the outermost object, at which point, the FG solution quits. The outermost object is fully 'eaten away' by the texture by now but there are still particles visible in-camera.
Now, if I render the same frame from further back using the perspective view, the FG solution is in full effect. If I move the perspective view close to the animated cam, FG shuts off.
So it would seem to be something to do with proximity to the object, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the issue is. I can't use pre-computed FG maps as the animated texture map changes on every frame.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.