Linear Workflow question...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Linear Workflow question...

Hi all -

Having a bit of an issue here and it's driving me a bit crazy. After setting up my outdoor scene with Physical Sun and Sky, I adjust my mia_exposure-simple node to reflect linear workflow to compensate. Pedestal=0, Gain=1, Knee=1, Compression=0, Gamma=2.2

I then adjust my file textures with a gamma of .454 and fire off a render.

The whole scene is way blown out. It looks a ton better before I set up my linear workflow. The light is blowing out all the whites and even the file textures.

Am I missing something here?

05 May 2013
Just check "Enable Color Management" and leave Input as sRGB and output as Linear sRGB. Then in your render view window go to display > color management > and change image color profile to Linear sRGB, and leave display as sRGB. Now you don't need the exposure on the lens, and you don't need to gamma correct your textures, you will only have to gamma correct your Maya color swatches.

05 May 2013
to what newguy4life said, i must add that in the attribute editor of the physical sky you must decrease the multiplier from 1 to 0.2 in order not to get your render blown out.

05 May 2013
You can use jjj_gamma_tools to make gamma correcting swatches easier. You'll find it with a quick forum search.

"On ne sort pas DU REVE."

05 May 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread