Unknown Specimen, Dong Liang (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
Unknown Specimen, Dong Liang (3D)

Title: Unknown Specimen
Name: Dong Liang
Software: Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush

Inspired by an artisan craft of a preserved fairy made by Jacob Petersson, I decided to make a scene based on this subject to practice realistic lighting and procedural texturing skills.
I want to give it a nostalgic feel, which is why the color is so desaturated.
if you are wondering about the pattern on the watch, yes, its from Doctor Who =),

The creepy creature in the jar was sculpted in Zbrush, the rest of scene was model in Maya. Rendered with Mental ray.

04 April 2013
WOW! Awesome work. No crits, I just want to say I like this one a lot. The texturing is amazing. The lighting and rendering is amazing. Good job. Oh, and I like the magnifying glass too.

04 April 2013
g8 render

04 April 2013
I put this image as a desktop background on my computer. Excellent work. How much time did you use for making it? ,time for modeling, time for texturing and time for lighting?

Thanks

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by gherrera: I put this image as a desktop background on my computer. Excellent work. How much time did you use for making it? ,time for modeling, time for texturing and time for lighting?

Thanks

I spent about 12 days on this project. I was attending school at the same time, so I couldn't get it done any faster.

05 May 2013
Nice mood and cool attention to details!

05 May 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread