Real-time CG (2D or 3D) lip-sync?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Real-time CG (2D or 3D) lip-sync?

Hello friends-
Does anyone have any idea where I can research or purchase some real-time lip-syncing software for 2D or 3D CG characters? I'm looking for a CG character (one that I've created to interact with an actor LIVE. I created the character in both 2D and 3D formats. I don't want to pay for Motion Builder. It's too expensive for what I need. Any thoughts or advice?

It's 2013...there should be something cheaper available. Ugh!

Thanks!

03 March 2013
iclone is realtime and has (limited ofc) lipsync.

they also got a pretty fun 2D lipsync software called crazytalk.

But before you buy anything from them you should check what formats they support and if the quality is good enough for your needs. For ex. I don't think they support pre-recorded sound files which is ridiculous.

Last edited by Sthu : 03 March 2013 at 02:09 PM.

03 March 2013
Daz Mimic Live

OT : Crazytalk is fun, it uses prerecorded files + mic audio capture but lipsync isn't "live" (though it's very fast). I used it on a couple of stuff and it's really easy to set up.

You might want to have a look at Faceshift for all around facial animation, but it's more expensive.

Last edited by EricM : 03 March 2013 at 04:13 PM.

03 March 2013
Thanks guys!
I do have crazytalk Pro 7 and it is great. But it isnt live. Arg!

iClone is great too but the only LIVE/REAL-TIME thing about it is it's Body not Facial. Arg again!

I also have Faceshift but they are still working with the software and we can't import our own characters yet and output over a keyable background. Thrice arg!

We are looking for a cheap looking lipsync program. It's hard to believe there is nothing out there.

Thansk for your info guys...much appreciated!

03 March 2013
I think I found something. Have any of you tried Daz 3D with the Mimic Live plug-in?

Seems this might work. I will keep you posted on my progress and/or wasted money and time.
To paraphrase Ray Bradbury, “We jump off cliffs and build our wings on the way down.”

03 March 2013
If you decide to go with iClone, I know that one of the recent 3D World magazines came with a copy of iClone 4 (current version is 5 - I think). It's relatively inexpensive to begin with, but you can't beat $20 or so just to add it to your collection.

03 March 2013
Faceshift : Tracking mode / Display Tab / Target : Import button and you should be able to load in your morph custom targets/avatar.

Daz Mimic live : it does lipsinc but that's about it. If you have faceshift, this should be much better (expressions, gaze etc...)

Best,
Eric

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread