Resident Evil: Retribution Opens to $71.1M Worldwide

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
I just had to add as well.....
This left sooo bad taste after watching this... Can't even go for mindless fun any more.
I was big fan of RE from start but every movie, one after another lowered quality and finally what we have?
Sequence of slow motion action shots with chicks in model poses, all of that loosely connected with really bad story and soooooo bad lines that I was laughing my ass out how BAD they were.
I mean cmon!!!

Is this where Hollywood is steadily going for the last couple years? VFX getting better and better and movies are worse and worse...
If that is a case. please kill VFX and get back to good movies instead. PLEASE!

Need some help with rendering an Redshift project?
http://www.gpuoven.com/

09 September 2012
To be quite honest, I have to wonder if a lot of people go see these movies with misplaced expectations.

If I had gone to see Catwoman without having any idea of what I was buying a ticket for, I guess I could be genuinely disappointed. However, I think that The RE film franchise has made it very clear since several years ago that it is a TERRIBLE franchise. With that in mind, it should come to nobody's surprise that this new film is as terrible as the previous ones (although it's quite understandable that we'd still want to keep our hopes up). Not criticizing here, of course, but I guess that accepting things for what they are (especially knowing in advance what one thinks they are) makes life easier. (I know I'm just speaking for myself here... Just sayin').

I still plan on watching this film (although I'll wait for the DVD release). And I know exactly what I'll get... An excruciating experience, mildly soothed by Milla Jovovich in skin-tight suits. And probably good VFX, of course. No more, no less. Maybe popcorn.

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by mirkoj: please kill VFX and get back to good movies instead. PLEASE!

why must we be out of a job for script writers, directors and the actors to do their jobs properly? dislike!

09 September 2012
Well I finally got around to seeing Resident Evil 5 tonight. Went to the cinema with some of my friends. Milla looked the same as ever. She carries the whole show as usual and was able to still do all the action scenes to the same high standards, all credit to her.
But to be honest, the film was much the same old stuff repeated and still no end in sight. They really should have come up with a good finale this time, instead of apparently dragging it into a sixth film.
I came home and watched the original RE and it wipes all the others out for originality and good scary stuff. The effects in RE5 are of course much better, but that isn't enough to save the film from a tired thumbs down from me.

10 October 2012
the way retribution ended is how it should have begun!! just mindless action. I like Paul Anderson. But the writers need to think about moving the story forward and make it more interesting.

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by mirkoj: I just had to add as well.....
This left sooo bad taste after watching this... Can't even go for mindless fun any more.
I was big fan of RE from start but every movie, one after another lowered quality and finally what we have?
Sequence of slow motion action shots with chicks in model poses, all of that loosely connected with really bad story and soooooo bad lines that I was laughing my ass out how BAD they were.
I mean cmon!!!

Is this where Hollywood is steadily going for the last couple years? VFX getting better and better and movies are worse and worse...
If that is a case. please kill VFX and get back to good movies instead. PLEASE!

If you understad both logic and venn diagram, you can have good story AND vfx.

Insert the obligatory Real Steel, even if someone might said, not that movie again...

11 November 2012
I am extremely lenient when it comes to bad films and I like some films the majority think are real stinkers, but even I couldn't find anything worth following in this movie. It really accomplished next to nothing.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

11 November 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread