Alienware Challenge - UPLOAD FINAL ENTRIES (DEADLINE 20 JAN)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2004
At the risk of posting a needless duplication...Definately! CGTalk has been my home page for many months now. Tend to think of it as CGTalk University (ooh, there's a thought), what a goldmine!

01 January 2004
HEY MEN!

We shouldn`t combine our feeling with the reality.No need any hard contacts.

A public mail for all of the challengers could be a right solution for this problem.Now that the voting starts at monday don`t need any campaign,

We don`t need creating a virtual contact (between the GOD and MESSAGER).The problem must be clarified.About this i think that some friends followings were so helpful for this problem.

At all i think that modarators are working hard on it.

Again i say:

REALY DON`T NEED ANY MIDDLE CONTACTOR BETWEEN
CHALLENGERS AND MODERATORS.

Again thanks dear friends and good luck to all friends and moderators.

01 January 2004
Hi guys.

I've decided to make the voting go "live" tomorrow not today. It's a public holiday today (Australia Day) so I shouldn'tve been working in the first place ;-).

Anyway, there is good reason for the delay - In response to the confusion about what needs to be done before you are considered "completed" in the challenge, I've added a few lines of stuff to the "Final Image" page. In future challenges we'll split it out into its own page and make it more verbose, but it'll do for now :-)

So go log in to:
http://cgnetworks.com/alienware/final_image.php

Under your image, you'll see:
* How many milestones you submitted. Leigh and I decided that you are allowed *ONE* missing milestone. (Quite a lot of people had one missing... this may be more restricted for the next challenge so don't count on it always being that way!!).
* Whether you submitted your JPEG final milestone to the web-based submission. (If it doesn't say, you did!)

If you had six (or seven) submitted milestones, have an uploaded TIFF displayed [scaled down, of course] and you *have* submitted the final web milestone, you should be on the voting page.

The reason for the delay is to give you guys some time to check one last time that our maths is right ;-). If the information shown there disagrees with other stuff, let me know ASAP (robert at ballisticmedia.net).

If you haven't fulfilled the requirements, we can't help you - the challenge requirements were made clear, and it ended days ago now. But if we stuffed something up, let me know ASAP! :-)

I'll make the voting go live somewhen tomorrow morning Adelaide time... that's at least 16 hours from now.

Good luck to all! :-)

01 January 2004
sweet, Happy Australia Day!

01 January 2004
Thanx for all the trouble and effort you guys put in here at CGTalk. Really appreciate it.
have a good holiday, Mibus.

01 January 2004
Thumbs down GOOD NEWS!

THANKS ALL! & GOOD LUCK!

01 January 2004
Realy Amazing!

Thanks dear MIBUS!

01 January 2004
Just a question on terms and conditions. Someone has approached me about using my image on a CD Cover are we allowed to to do that (ie publish for commercial profit)? Or can we only use the pix in our portfolios for self-promotional purposes??

I was just reading through the term on the final upload page, couldn't see anything mentioned.

Quote: Terms and Conditions

By entering images to us you are acknowledging that you have read, understood and accept the following terms and conditions.

I, The Entrant, here after referred to as 'Artist', am submitting the image to CGNetworks, a division of Ballistic Media Pty Ltd of Aldgate Valley Rd, Mylor, SA 5153, Australia, here after referred to as 'Publisher', for use on the CGNetworks website at www.cgnetworks.com. I have read and understood all of the following and I understand that by submitting the image and associated information that I agree to all of the following terms and conditions.

RIGHTS ASSIGNMENT AND WARRANTY
By entering images the artist warrants that they are the copyright holder, or they have obtained the rights sufficient for this purpose, and the artist assigns non-exclusive rights to the publisher for reproduction of submitted images on the CGNetworks website and in sales, marketing and merchandising material associated with CGNetworks at the publisher’s discretion. The artist warrants that all information supplied is current and true. Furthermore, the artist indemnifies the Publisher against any claims or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages from any party that may arise from publication of images submitted or associated information submitted with images.

LIMITATION OF RIGHTS
Other than the assignment of the necessary rights to publish selected images and information on the CGNetworks website and associated sales, marketing and merchandising materials, the Publisher does not acquire, nor assume responsibility for, any other rights.

NON RETURN
The Publisher will not return any material submitted. At the written request of the submitting artist the Publisher will destroy copies of submitted material and any backups or reproductions the Publisher may be aware of. All material submitted, both published and unpublished, shall be held by the Publisher for the purpose of reprints and other sales and marketing purposes relating to CGNetworks for as long as the Publisher deems necessary.

NON AGREEMENT
There is no agreement or contract between the artist and the Publisher. The artist assumes all responsibility and costs for delivering images and other required information to the Publisher for consideration and potential publication on CGNetworks.com. The Publisher does not require any payment for entry of images nor does the Publisher offer any form of payment, actual or implied, to the successful entrants for publication of their images.

PUBLISHERS SOLE DISCRETION
Selection of images for publication on CGNetworks.com is at the sole discretion of the Publisher. The Publisher may or may not seek input from individuals. The Publisher also reserves sole discretion in the selection of the portion of images and in manipulations deemed beneficial to reproduction of supplied images.

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The publisher will take reasonable measures to ensure the security of images and information supplied to them. In no event shall the Publisher be liable to any party, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the loss of images and data supplied, even if the Publisher has been advised of the possibility of such loss and damages.

This list of terms and conditions constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of the terms and conditions and supersedes any prior terms and conditions, oral or written, and any other communications relating to these terms and conditions.

END.

01 January 2004

My 3D Space Opera

01 January 2004
Riki: "...the artist assigns non-exclusive rights to the publisher..." that means you are in the clear. They get the rights to the image, but you can still sell the rights to someone else...it just can't be exclusive, of course.

01 January 2004
oh that sounds good.

also looks like votong has started

re: http://www.cgnetworks.com/alienware/entries.php

01 January 2004
haha, nice one riki.

02 February 2004
Contest Results

Does anyone know when the results will be posted from this contest?

02 February 2004

Realy i like to know the final result.

share thread