Anyone know any easy way to get a clip name and Total number of frames in vfx shots

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

09 September 2017
Anyone know any easy way to get a clip name and Total number of frames in vfx shots

Hello Friends

I am AK working asvfx coordinatorevery dayIam wastinglotsof timeto gettotal numberof frameseach individual video clips tocalculatingMandays excel, i have to create 1000 vfx shots mandays men'severy time i am open all video one by one in quicktime player and get frame count any one know easy way to get frame information for all videos,

like automation tool, python scripting ,any softwares pls let me know if you know any easyway

Thanks

Regards
AK

09 September 2017
Try asking on Stack Overflow how one would write such a script:

https://stackoverflow.com/

There are so many programmers on there that probably someone will answer you with an example script.

You could say:

" I need a simple Python script that looks at all the video files in a folder, calculates the length of the video files in frames and writes all the video filenames with framecount to one text file. How do I write such a script?"

Most times someone on Stack Overflow will help you, because what you want is actually pretty simple for a programmer - probably a script with 10 - 15 lines of code.

If that doesn't work, you could always pay a freelance programmer to write such a script in about 1 hour.

09 September 2017
If you have After Effects or other editing software then you can import all the clips, put them all on a timeline, then apply a Frame Count effect/filter/thingo to them all in a single click. Then you can just skip to the last frame of each item and you'll have the frame count.

There are other ways (for example you can save the EDL for example and use a script to skim this for information and pipe it into a DB) but they would require some scripting. The above method just needs you to know something like AE, Premier or FCP.
Critcal feedback example #62: "Well instead of the Stalinist purges and the divorce and the investigation ... it could be about losing a balloon."

reply share thread