R19 - teamrender - flakey clients

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
R19 - teamrender - flakey clients

R19 team render clients are verified and green in the "Team Render Machines" window. I kick off a team render to picture viewer. Works fine. (except for overwriting sequences without asking).

I stop it, (or let it finish...either way) to make some tweaks and try to team render to picture viewer again. This time the host machine works, and turns amber in Team Render Machines window, but the clients stay green and do nothing.

I have to use teamviewer to click inside the team render window on each client to sort of "reactivate" them. Then I can use them again one time.

Anyone else running into this? Man I miss Net Render.

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Originally Posted by interactiveBoy: Man I miss Net Render.
You and me both. We use Deadline at the shop I do a lot of freelancing at... It's probably the best render manager solution available these days.
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

Old 1 Week Ago   #3
I can't really justify purchasing a separate render management setup, as C4D is only one small part of my workflow. I just can't believe we are STILL having Team Render issues.

For now, I will reboot the client software at the beginning of each network render. That seems to be working somewhat.

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Agreed, it's been how many years now? It's ridiculous.
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

Old 1 Week Ago   #5
it does not seem that they are developing it any further. Man a new Netrender solution after NET would have given so many opertunities for example: clientversion and plugin sync for example, or heavy encryption with the possibility to share capacities all over the world, render the last frames DR and give people the opportunity to choose, the possibility to find missing frames and so on.... and on... and on.
But on the other side, there would be enough work to get TR running correctly. Besides every task takes at least the double amount of klicks than before.

maybe they are making it new from scratch.

Old 1 Week Ago   #6
It would not be exciting for them, but I wish the team at Insydium could be hired by Maxon to handle it! haha I know they would do a stellar job with it.

Old 6 Days Ago   #7
R19 added a new method for communicating over the network, this gives you 3 options for connecting clients and you may find one is more stable than another

1) Manual connection via ip and port
2) Enable "Announce Service to Local Network" in the TR settings for the new method
3) Enable "Announce Service Via Bonjour" in the TR settings for the old method

Old 5 Days Ago   #8
Thanks Mash -

My install had bonjour enabled by default. I have disabled that and restarted everything. So far so good for 2 days now. Fingers crossed that was the magic bullet.

reply share thread