Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 09-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
jesse92
Frequenter

portfolio
Jesus jesse
Kingsville, US

Academy of Art University.. or...!

Hello, its me again, its been some crazy times for me, i went from trying to go to Gnomon, to being forced to go to the Ai in Houston, to cancel that application and now think about applying to Academy of Art university, my plan was to do 1 year at AAU and then, transfer to Ringling, and happy ending, but now i dont know, does AAU transfers credits?, does anyone know? and if it doesn't ... there is a big chance ill have to stay there til i graduate, and i was yesterday looking for reviews on the school, and there is a fair amount of people complaining, gosh i feel like i going through this all over again, like AAU is another art institute... what do you guys think about AAU?, If someone is been a student there, do you know if credits transfer?,
Also, if i was to take, all the liberal art and studio art courses in a Community college, will i be able to skip a year of Ringling if i were accepted?

Old 09-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
MrConterno
CG Padawan

portfolio
Nicholas Conterno
Student
Gnomon
Hollywood, USA

Send a message via AIM to MrConterno Send a message via MSN to MrConterno Send a message via Yahoo to MrConterno
Lots of Ringling students will go to a CC and do all their liberal arts courses there, then transfer to Ringling. This is a really smart choice if you want to end up at Ringling, this way you aren't paying an arm and a leg for art history lol. Also this frees up A LOT of your time allowing for a less stressful school experience. I highly recommend doing this if Ringling is your goal. That being said, be sure animation is what you want and be sure you can be accepted. Ringling is not easy to get into despite what some people say.

Time To Answer A Question: 15 Minutes
Time To Thank Someone For An Answer: 30 Seconds

Post of Wisdom

Old 09-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
rainingblood901
Motion Designer

portfolio
Daniel Moreno
Motion Designer
Ringling College of Art and Design
Sarasota, USA

good choice. its not cheap at all and i am taking liberal art courses that can be done at a community college but we do have the best teachers around.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
Meloncov
Expert

portfolio
Kevin Baker
Freelance Modeller
Oakland, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse92
Also, if i was to take, all the liberal art and studio art courses in a Community college, will i be able to skip a year of Ringling if i were accepted?

Generally speaking, no, at least not if you're applying for CA. It's rare for them to accept someone as a sophomore.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:05 AM   #5
rainingblood901
Motion Designer

portfolio
Daniel Moreno
Motion Designer
Sarasota, USA

CA is very strict. Seriously. Everyone has to go through the schools training. No exceptions. If a Illustration or Motion Design student wanted to switch in(and was allowed) they would start over as a freshman.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #6
Meloncov
Expert

portfolio
Kevin Baker
Freelance Modeller
Oakland, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainingblood901
CA is very strict. Seriously. Everyone has to go through the schools training. No exceptions. If a Illustration or Motion Design student wanted to switch in(and was allowed) they would start over as a freshman.

I know someone who entered CA as a Sophomore. It's rare (she entered two or three years ago, and might be the most recent person to do so), and they have an incredibly rough Sophomore year (as they have to take two extra classes most students take Freshman year) but it's at least occasionally possible.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:18 AM   #7
rainingblood901
Motion Designer

portfolio
Daniel Moreno
Motion Designer
Sarasota, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloncov
I know someone who entered CA as a Sophomore. It's rare (she entered two or three years ago, and might be the most recent person to do so), and they have an incredibly rough Sophomore year (as they have to take two extra classes most students take Freshman year) but it's at least occasionally possible.

then she mustve been ridiculously good

Old 09-26-2010, 02:18 AM   #8
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread