CGSociety Staff
portfolio
Leigh van der Byl
A cog in the wheel
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

Exclamation FORUM PRIMER:The CG SCHOOLS and DEMO REELS thread

Thinking of studying 3D?

Then please read on!

Due to the fact that almost every day here on CG Talk we get threads being posted about CG schools, we think it would be best to have a nice compilation of links to necessary information that has been posted on the forum previously, to avoid people having to constantly repost information, and also to serve as a resource for anyone considering studying the subject, so that they do not have to resort to posting threads asking about particular schools.

Basically, we are trying to cut down on repetitive threads.

We would like to ask that should people have information about schools that they may have been to or know about, that feel should be added to this list, please let us know so that we can add them here.

This will be an ever increasing list...

Disclaimer
This list in no way reflects the opinions of the owners of CG Talk and/or its sponsors in any way. This is simply a list of popular educational institutions, and has been compiled in the best interests of the community, and not to represent the educational recommendations of CG Talk or its sponsors.

CG Schools across the world

Be sure to do searches on each of these schools here in the General Discussions forum, as there might be some information about them here. I have added links to specific threads where I have found a lot of opinions and information.

North America

--> Some CG Talk members opinions on the top schools in the US

South America
UK & Europe
--> Thread about CG Education in England and Scotland
--> Thread about CG Education in Europe
--> Thread about CG Education in The Netherlands

Africa
Asia
Australia & New Zealand
--> Thread about CG education in Australia

Remember also to check out the websites of the manufacturers of the software that you would like to learn, as many of their sites do have links to places that they recommend.

Links to threads on CG Talk about CG education in general
Other relevant Links

AWN's Animation Industry Database Excellent database of CG schools all over the world.

3D Ark Careers Archive Check out the Careers section here for a bunch of informative articles for those people who are interested in pursuing CG as a career.

Once again, if I have left out anything here that I should have included, please send me a PM, and I'll add it to the list. Also feel free to send me links to other relevant sites. I hope that you find this thread useful.
-Leigh

And for those of you who have just graduated, or are looking to break into the industry...

We're always getting threads here on CG Talk that are asking for information as to what on earth should go on your demo reels, then here are some links for you:
And here are a bunch of cool links from studios and independent writers with some useful tips and suggestions for demo reels.
I'll add more threads/links as I come across them. If you know of any that should be included here, please send me a PM with a link.

Last edited by Kirt : 03-03-2008 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Seneca College link changed

Thread Closed share thread