Secret Agent Entry: Karisa Phillip

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2009
Secret Agent Entry: Karisa Phillip

Karisa Phillip is entered in the "Secret Agent" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Work In Progress: Backyard Espionage!!

06 June 2009
Hi Karisa,

hope to see something from you soon!

have fun

06 June 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: Backyard Espionage!!!

Yess!!! I've got it!!! well guys here's my idea....Backyard Espionage!!

it's the war of boys vs. girls!

here i'll have a brave soldier of the neighborhood girl clan (gotta get a name for the girl clan :) ) who was undercover in the enemy's camp...da boys' tree house!
however, her cover was blown (will tell you about that later! ...lol) and now, our little agent is on the run...hot on her tail are water-gun-wielding and water-balloon-bomb-throwing boys!

i'll post a more detailed sketch later...i intend for the treehouse to be decked with all sorts of home-made "weapons" and even a banner warning all Girls OFF!! heh heh...lots of ideas in my head!
btw...of the fleeing girl, the viewer will see her two pigtail coming out of her hat otherwise she'll be dressed in a baseball uniform (or other boy's clothes)...the pigtail will be the only thing that tells you it's a girl ( hmmm actually it might be because her hair became undone that her cover was blown! :) )

well, i think this is quite funny! how about you guys? let me know what you all think and any ideas as well!!!

have fun in the challenge dudes!!!

Karisa :)

06 June 2009
This is an incredible idea! I love it. Secret agents between boys and girls. I will be waiting the next sketches. Good luck!

06 June 2009
Work In Progress: Backyard Espionage!!!

ok guys....in Maya, i did some simple geometry so i can get my perspective right....in the next upload i did some sketching over it.

06 June 2009

so i started sketching my idea over the layout & perspective i did in maya.
i decided to have in the composition the rival girl tree house.
as you can see (hope you can make it out ... lol) our "secret agent" is in full flight. so i'll have the girls covering her back as she escapes! as well the boys will be on the offensive too :D!
with water guns, sling shots, water balloons, wooden swords.....lol

I've an idea to have one or two girls stretching to catch our agent as she "Tarzans" across! heh heh
a boy above will be trying to cut the swing rope she's running for (he was conveniently at that location as he is the look-out :) ) and on the opposite side a girl will be warding him off with her water gun!

let me know what you guys think and have fun!!

Last edited by adrephil : 06 June 2009 at 10:37 PM.

06 June 2009
Wow, I love the idea! Very cool! Can't wait to see how this one turns out! Best of luck with the challenge and keep us posted!

06 June 2009

hey guys! just though i'll show you where i'm at in getting my final composition. do let me know what you think so far :)

heh heh i had a funny idea to place around the boys' tree spikes 'n stuff to keep the girls OFF!!
whereas the girls will be a bit more cherry (more girly lol)
it seems like i have all these ideas in my head and i'm trying to project them!

anyways see you later!

06 June 2009
Hey Karisa, my tween! great concept :P
i'm loving your work here, and even been a 'tween idea' i don't believe it'll prejudice us

keep seen u! Good luck!

06 June 2009
Good stuff! Yeah, I think the trees should definitely be differentiable at first glance (spikes/flowers/etc...) As for composition, I'm far from being a master at this...but from my point of view (no pun intended!) I think it could be really cool and interesting to see it from a little closer and a little from the bottom looking up. Giving a better sense of depth and helping convey a sense of awe at those big trees. Just a thought!

06 June 2009
Great sketches!! I love the ideas of the girly club and the girl agent in the run. Is she stealing something?

06 June 2009
Talking

hey thanks guys!!... thanks Bruno! I'm so glad you stopped by, btw...i'm in love with your style of characters and i know you'll do your piece justice!! best of luck Brunothurner!

great idea warpv thanks, however i did play around with a perspective from low on the ground but somehow it just wasn't what I'm seeing in my head ( LOL ) . but now i'm actually getting closer to it ! i really wanted to have the viewer see the barrier around both trees (to sort of show the difficulty of her mission and the major difference in boys and girls...heh heh) however, i still wanted that "slightly looking up" feel can't wait to post my more detailed sketches.

hey thiramiro! oh yes indeedy!...her mission was to go under cover in the "enemy's" camp and steal the "war strategy" (note: the neighborhood's next waterfight!! lol) so, on her shoulder would be a strap bag with these "top secret" documents inside...to emphasize that, i'll have a few pages flying loose from her mad dash.

well, i'll be updating soon!
see you guys later!

Karisa

06 June 2009
Thumbs up

Hello adrephil

Tremendous concept, freshest without being cartoon, the man who leaves fleeing is disguised from girl or so that he even has some trap trying to catch it, a platform of observation in some of the tree maybe help the concept to understood more express when seeing it, i like a lot your style, I really want to see all the development process.

Good luck

S.

06 June 2009

hey just a quick update.
started the background last night and i'm going for a bright summer day.

don't know if i might crop the pic...hmmmm

anyways do tell me what you think :)

Karisa

06 June 2009
great Karisa, very beutiful background!
i was thinking if sunshines could turn even better... but i really don't know! :P

Thread Closed share thread