Jan Mark's Scruffy Scrapyard...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Jan Mark's Scruffy Scrapyard...

I've been struggling to deal with WIP's in the format that they are. So this seems a more likely format to show where I am and get some valuable feedback. All tips and what not are greatly appreciated, it's not that I get wrong posts, I just don't work well that way. I mostly wing things in one long frenzy.

I'm going to post the most relevant/recent stuff in this first post. Makes it more easy to get to it. Hope you like, and maybe can help me out someplaces.

Currently working on: A springtime pin up!!! ^-^

modelling practice #1

Last edited by jmBoekestein : 04 April 2006 at 01:30 AM. Reason: update 30th oct.

09 September 2005
Talking

Jan~Mark,

Wow!!! This is a really beautiful piece...so atmospheric! Can't wait to see more!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

09 September 2005
Thank you ! This isn't the final composition though. I'm planning to have her perched on some stakes or spears sticking out of the ground. I'm even working on a little atmospheric story around her, maybe I'll post it later on. The name's Ra'yhl, the twin carnate of Rael. Born blind but with sight of sound and mind. A Witch prodigy, she is rumoured to have never touched the ground with her feet. If enough light is around she's often seen high up in dead tree's and gallows. (lot of fun dreaming into these stories lol, I better stop now... or else )
modelling practice #1

09 September 2005
Talking

JM,

How cool! You could do a whole series of these...verrrrrrrrry nice!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

09 September 2005
That's a good idea actually. Nice way to keep sketching. I might just do that.
modelling practice #1

09 September 2005
I like it - you do some really nice drawing.

crit:
IMO
1) unless its what you are after, the arms are too long .
2) the position of the forward arm, would cause the shoulders to arc in the direction of that arm - the near shoulder should be lower than it is - dropped a little (from the wieght of the arm).

the image has a nice mood - good work

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Last edited by Gord-MacDonald : 09 September 2005 at 04:55 PM.

09 September 2005
Thanks . Her index and middle finger will be resting on the tip of a spear, I think that changes it a bit, I should have mentioned. The shoulder hsould maybe indeed come a bit more to the front, very good point.

Almost forgot, I did want the arms a bit longer. For more strength and agility and such, it fits her and I like that.
modelling practice #1

Last edited by jmBoekestein : 09 September 2005 at 05:42 PM.

09 September 2005
Simply front page stuff can't wait to see this when its finished ..darn near finished imo

Lastest
???????????
VFX ARTISTE

Push yourelf...and have patience

09 September 2005
Wow, thanks man! Will finish soon I hope.

Ok, I did some lighting fixes. And changed the dress. I'll repost the other one but replace the first post image with the latest. Probably too small an update, but I gotta go sleep now.

old:

________

new:

________

And here's my idea for her placement on the canvas:

________

modelling practice #1

09 September 2005
This is gorgeous! The only crit, her lower jaw just bugs the devil out of me...my eye keeps going there...I know it's still very early, but thought I'd say something...

09 September 2005
Yeah you're right. I seem to have this thing for jaws lol, probably a fetish or what not. I always so something wrong with those, same thing with eyes.

I'll look into it this afternoon, have some ideas on how to do it. Thanks four Crows!

edit: What I see now is the jaw seems too long, and short imho. Maybe also too wide. I think the misstake I made is change the perspective eon her head after blocking in major shadows. Thanks again for the heads up. I'm having some trouble trying to judge whether the neck's ok, it seems so linear now.

(Yeah you're right was at the head pointers, lol. Or I would've stopped workingon it, heheh... ah well nvm. )
modelling practice #1

Last edited by jmBoekestein : 09 September 2005 at 03:28 PM.

09 September 2005
OK... preliminary on the face. I want t stick with this, maybe change the chi a little bit, but I'll need to upres. But this is it for now, I also fixed some lighting again. Enjoy.

+ neckfix now.
modelling practice #1

Last edited by jmBoekestein : 09 September 2005 at 07:25 PM.

09 September 2005
I think I also found a middle way for the apparent length of her arms, her leg seemed a little stumpy, I think the nkee was shaded wrongly.

modelling practice #1

09 September 2005
i really really really like this. keep going

09 September 2005
Cool, thanks man! Will do.

modelling practice #1

Thread Closed share thread