CG Society Username Update Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

09 September 2017
CG Society Username Update Thread

I get a few dozen request a month for new names or updated names on user accounts. Lets start a thread here for those of you that want to update from a nickname or taken name and we will start updating for you.

Old Name
Example5432

New Change Request
ExampleNew

09 September 2017
Hi And thx

Old Name
Carlosand

New Change Request
Carlosan

09 September 2017
Current username: dillster

New username (if available): Dylan

09 September 2017
I've sent a number of requests in the past to clear user names that have no work posted, is this possible? My emails have gone ignored every time.

Years back, someone from DBOX has signed up under dbox, dboxcreative etc while on a binge of signing up everywhere we could post work - all the names we use on social media, and never posted anything. Is it possible to cut them loose because we have no idea which email was used to signed up for them.
It is literally the only reason we never post any work here. there's no way to post it under our own name. we can move this to email if you need any proof.

edit:
I'll also take a personal name change -

Old Name :
cubiclegangster

New Change Request :
Neilg

10 October 2017
"I've sent a number of requests in the past to clear user names that have no work posted, is this possible? My emails have gone ignored every time."

Yes, this is one of the things we are looking at correcting, with15 years of members we will be reaching out when a request is received to acknowledged ownership of a name if no reply is received within an acceptable time the name will be released or adapted. We will leave this thread up for the next 6 weeks and start making changesThanks for your feedback.

10 October 2017
Yes, this is one of the things we are looking at correcting, with15 years of members we will be reaching out when a request is received to acknowledged ownership of a name if no reply is received within an acceptable time the name will be released or adapted. We will leave this thread up for the next 6 weeks and start making changes Thanks for your feedback.

will you pin this so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle?

10 October 2017
Sure, Thanks.

10 October 2017
Originally Posted by Travis: with15 years of members we will be reaching out when a request is received to acknowledged ownership of a name if no reply is received within an acceptable time the name will be released or adapted.

Thank you
Is there any way when it gets released I could get notified? Better yet if there's someone we could talk to who would kill it for us then & there... i could get the CEO to sign something and post you a business card if it would help cement that it's really us!

10 October 2017
@Travis - For some reason the 'Post Count' of the posting user has now gone from the threads. I've always thought it is a good way to help people understand the experience (and therefore hopefully knowledge). Are there any plans to bring this back?

4 Weeks Ago
Hey Dave,

Post count will be back, we are in the process of cleaning up to update, moving details from under the user name for now in an effort to make the transition work well. Should be updated within a few weeks with a few other updates. Thanks for the input/

4 Weeks Ago
old name: imashination

New: Mash

reply share thread