|03 March 2009||#1|
Lowest New City, Russia
Join Date: Sep 2006
VoidFlow - tool to create various crystal structures
I would like to introduce you VoidFlow 1.0 - tool to create various crystal structures.
Builded geometry based on Voronoi tesselation. User adds a mesh object as Base, script builds particles automatically and uses them as centers of Voronoi polyhedrons.
Particles consists of two parts:
1. Units - the centers of polyhedrons.
2. Voids - the centers of voids to cut polyhedrons. (Each unit is also a void)
Well, the fact is you can use selected vertices as units and all vertices as voids to create some fantastic geometry very easily.
1. Use Particle FLow to edit the units and the voids.
2. Set Weight spinner less then 1.0 to create spaces between polyhedrons.
3. Use any geometry as Unit object.
So test it and post you findings in this thread.
To run: MAXScript / Run Script / voidflow.mse