PA Challenge - Character - muckywetnoodle

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  02 February 2002
PA Challenge - Character - muckywetnoodle

THE ANTEATER

After nuclear and biological warfare has ravaged the planet, few human and animal lifeforms remain. The Anteater is a human remnant born into this world and fitted with a custom breathing and bug collection/processing unit. This humanoid character wanders the dry desert landscape, prying up rocks and rubble in search of insects, most often cockroaches, for their high water and protein content. His staff is fitted with a large blade used for the prying and also doubles as a weapon should conflict take place. Not the brightest of beings, his only armor is a cup and his large upper-body, honed from daily labor in his search for insect life, serves as a menacing presence to any thinking of challenging him.

So here are a couple designs for him so far. One kinda bare-@$$, the other with gloves and pants and more normal sized hands. All his clothing and items are white to reflect as much of the beating sun as possible. His skin will probably be the weathered leathery variety. I'm still working on the bug processing unit which mounts to permanent fixtures on his back. Let me know which you prefer. I did this in painter so it's easy to make changes and add things.

and a slightly larger detail

Thanks to Brom for the character inspiration!

share thread