'Rings' Wins FOUR Golden Globe Trophies

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2004
'Rings' Wins Three Golden Globe Trophies

Quote:
"- Peter Jackson (news) won best director at Sunday's Golden Globe Awards (news - web sites) as the final installment of his fantasy epic, "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King," led movie winners with three trophies"

>>link<<

-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

01 January 2004
It actually won 4 "Globes." Looks like someone jumped the gun on that article...

Best Score
Best Song
Best Director
Best Picture

Way to go Mr. Jackson and all involved!!

Pixarman

01 January 2004
Way to go Howard Shore, PJ, Annie lennox and everyone else involved! you deserve it!!

01 January 2004
Excellent news

Great to see Bill Murray finally winning an award too, I've always loved him

01 January 2004
Lets just hope it can get the Oscar man that would be so cool. Congrats to them all.

01 January 2004
Best Pic!?!?! Holy beep, beep! I personally liked it best but seriously doubted it would win over The Last Samurai or the one I thought would win Cold Mountain. Its so good to see people looking past traditional winner types and at what really does make a great movie. I doubt it will pull it off at the Oscars, even though I think it should! As long PJ wins best Dir at the Oscars I'll be happy!!!!

01 January 2004
Here's my favorite line from the MSN article on the Golden Globes. Didn't watch em, but I'm glad they won:

Plus, he has to return to the editing room in the next few weeks to oversee completion of the extended home-video version of the third "Rings" installment, which will be roughly 55 minutes longer than the theatrical release. (It will contain several bonuses, including a scene originally shot for last year's "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" that features the character Saruman, played by Christopher Lee.)

Ah luv et. Over 4hrs + the other two extended films. Wow. Hope they put the scene with Gandalf and the Witch King in. I found it odd when the Witch King said, "I will break him," then nothing happened. Plus, they show some of that in the trailer?

01 January 2004
Phew!
Totally x4 awe-inspiring and well deserved

Ultimate congrats to Peter and all the crew

Atwooki

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread