X-Particles 4 - Release 5th Dec, more info

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

20 Hours Ago
I agree, this is very promising.  Explosia FX looks to be easily 10x faster or more than Navié Effex; where making those kind of real time adjustments to a sim playing in the viewport would be completely impossible.  This is truly a beastly upgrade.

19 Hours Ago
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: Looks very promising; love the simplicity of the setups in genera. I'm very keen to see more high resolution results to see if it scales well when detail is added, as that will really determine how much this is used in production.

No mention of rendering by 3rd party render engines other than Cycles, which makes me concerned that they didn't implement VDB caching (also a huge determining factor for production work). 

That are 2 essential questions. From my experience with Explosia in Softimage there wasn't any surprises, but that was another architecture.  VDB is another crucial question.

19 Hours Ago
Yeah, would love to know how to render in Octane or Redshift-- don't want to use (or learn) Cycles. But it does look fantastic.

18 Hours Ago
If I'm honest....... I'm not quite feeling this is the TFD beater I was hoping or expecting. The realtime stuff looked like a single slice or maybe two. TFD can do that in realtime too. Plus towards the end, the viewport seemed to lag when the camera rotated around the fire effect. I know it is early days, and I appreciate the ease of getting thing set up ( TFD was a nightmare), but I think it may have a way more to go before it can replace TFD.

However - the price all in........ fantastic. Cannot be beaten at all.

17 Hours Ago
Originally Posted by grrinc: If I'm honest....... I'm not quite feeling this is the TFD beater I was hoping or expecting. The realtime stuff looked like a single slice or maybe two. TFD can do that in realtime too. Plus towards the end, the viewport seemed to lag when the camera rotated around the fire effect. I know it is early days, and I appreciate the ease of getting thing set up ( TFD was a nightmare), but I think it may have a way more to go before it can replace TFD.

However - the price all in........ fantastic. Cannot be beaten at all.

The video says 32 slices in the realtime part. It looks pretty fast to me. Of course, I don't know what machine was running it, but It does look responsive.

11 Hours Ago
I'm hoping they post some higher resolution examples.  I'm seeing some artifacts or stepping in those renders that catch my eye pretty quickly.  That being said, I can see this fitting into a number of pipelines very well.

Is xplosia completely integrated into xparticles?  As in, can the flowfield, splineflow, all the modifiers, etc,  be used with xplosia?

9 Hours Ago
I would be surprised if it wasn't heavily integrated with the rest of the feature set. 

So this was Part 1 for Explosia, guess that means next week is Part 2, and the 4th is the new Fluid Solver (or maybe they hold that out for launch day). Either way, helluva upgrade.

6 Hours Ago
A few questions.

1. Will physical motion blur work with the regular particle shader?
2. Have there been any chats with the Krakatoa peeps? So that there's more potential in that arena.
3. Can gaseous results be cached and rendered in VRay?

2 Hours Ago
Hello, our New Release Sneak Peek videos have raised lots of questions amongst our users.  We are working our way through them, if you visit http://insydium.uk/x-particles-4-pricing-faqs/ you will find various answers to users questions in one centralised place.
Please bear with us, if your specific question has not been addressed, we will answer what we can and keep updating this page up until release. Thank you

reply share thread