C4D Render Farm Advice - Rebusfarm, Rendercore, Zync, Render Rocket, Drop&Render etc

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

09 September 2017
Just to add to Renderking--its not just manual zip and upload. Dann can set you up with a dropbox link that works very well. You save your job file and assets locally in your assigned dropbox folder (on your hard drive) and your file is synced directly to Dann's Team Render Server. You then launch the file via the TRS interface in your browser and the results are instantly synced back to your local results folder.

09 September 2017
Following my previous post, you may be interested in our last interview published on CGSociety:http://www.cgsociety.org/news/artic...render-solution

Cheers,

JP-RANCH
www.ranchcomputing.com

09 September 2017
Looks like Zync is the only one thats R19 ready?
This is one of the reasons I havent moved production into 19. Once we start to see 19 adoption then we will feel more comfortable to proceed.

09 September 2017
Originally Posted by JoelDubin: Looks like Zync is the only one thats R19 ready?
This is one of the reasons I havent moved production into 19. Once we start to see 19 adoption then we will feel more comfortable to proceed.
We support Cinema 4D R19 on the RANCH Renderfarm.

Cheers,

JP-RANCH

09 September 2017
Another callout for RenderKing. We've used them for, I think, going on 10 years now? We've also used Rebus and RenderRocket and Rendering is the only one that has a pricing structure that you can understand. With Rebus, the time difference and communication barriers were an issue since they are in Germany, I believe?

RenderRocket was great for scaling nodes when you needed them, but pretty pricey.

Dann is currently waiting on a new Mac server for R19 since Apple has decided to stop supporting an OS for older machines and R19 needs a newer OS, but he has R19 on all of the nodes. I'm sure Dann will jump in here, but he is starting from scratch with plugins, which is completely understandable. I know for sure he'll have X-Particles.

Love the fact that his farm will save frames directly to a drop box. Huge work flow plus for us. It basically works exactly like if you were using an internal farm.
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own

09 September 2017
Just wanted to relay an issue I've been having related to render farm plug-in support. I've been using Rebus for awhile, with great results. Literally saved my career on a big project earlier this year!!

But - the last 2 times I've tried to use Rebus, I get an error right at the end of the upload. Everything checks out in the Farminizer, project uploads, then right at the end and unspecified "error" pops up. :-(

After much head-scratching and trial and error, I finally figured out that it is the GreyscaleGorilla "HDRI Studio Rig" plugin causing the error. I would think that this VERY popular plugin would be supported, but apparently not! Once I removed the HDRI plugin and replaced it with a sphere Object with the same image mapped onto it, success!

Last note is that Rebus is showing R19 compatibility now.

http://www.activateyourimage.com

1 Week Ago
Hey Everyone!

We just wanted to give a quick feedback about the threadstarters statements about RebusFarm (better late than never! )

Originally Posted by strangerthings: I mainly use Rebus and it has always been reliable but I am finding more things that it cannot handle - That they don't mention anywhere and I only find out stuff when it fails! Not great with deliver looming.

First of all, thanks for general feedback and strangerthings for your efforts in putting this thread together!

Some of those things, that our farm(inizer) can't handle have either not been detected yet, are being worked on or else: can't be implemented and can't be detected on submission via our plugin.
So in case you guys find unsupported things, always drop us a line, everything goes into consideration and should be worked on and fixed asap, depending complexity and possibility of implenentation.

So, let's look at the staements:
-PSDs as textures are hit and miss
PSD textures should work on the farm, what kinda problems did you run into, when using them?

-Take system not supported
We lately have been working on this and are about to release support for it. We still would love some beta testers for this, to verify it's functionality. If you are interested, drop us a request at our support.

-stage object not supported.
This has been supported already for a long time. Did you run into any problems or special usage of it?

-cannot have the same (projectname.c4d) on the farm - i.e if you are rendering out 2 cameras in the same scene you have to save as projectname2.c4d and upload that. Seems that the Job titles shouldn't be the project name
This is technical hard to realise, but we are working on it. We lately implemented a jobsubmission feature, that will not require you to save your scene into a separate file. You basically just choose another cam, hit upload and our farminizer will automatically upload your scene as e.g.projectname_1.c4d,projectname_2.c4d etc.

Originally Posted by JoelDubin: We are looking to upload to Rebus which we've used quite often as well, but noticing that xparticles is no longer supported? IS that true?

X-Particles is still supported, we never dropped it. Did you run into issues using it with Cinema4d?

We hope this clarifies some stuff!
Your RebusFarm Team

3 Hours Ago
Originally Posted by RebusFarm: So, let's look at the staements:
-PSDs as textures are hit and miss
PSD textures should work on the farm, what kinda problems did you run into, when using them?

-Take system not supported
We lately have been working on this and are about to release support for it. We still would love some beta testers for this, to verify it's functionality. If you are interested, drop us a request at our support.

-stage object not supported.
This has been supported already for a long time. Did you run into any problems or special usage of it?

-cannot have the same (projectname.c4d) on the farm - i.e if you are rendering out 2 cameras in the same scene you have to save as projectname2.c4d and upload that. Seems that the Job titles shouldn't be the project name
This is technical hard to realise, but we are working on it. We lately implemented a jobsubmission feature, that will not require you to save your scene into a separate file. You basically just choose another cam, hit upload and our farminizer will automatically upload your scene as e.g.projectname_1.c4d,projectname_2.c4d etc.

Good to know about the Stage and and Take system - I think it's incredibly important that we know what is and is not supported - Nothing worse that getting to crunch time and finding errors - especially unexplained errors.

I have updated the original post

As for the Filename - how come they are just no uploaded with a timestamp - surely would solve any issues ?

2 Hours Ago
Originally Posted by strangerthings: Good to know about the Stage and and Take system - I think it's incredibly important that we know what is and is not supported - Nothing worse that getting to crunch time and finding errors - especially unexplained errors.

I have updated the original post

As for the Filename - how come they are just no uploaded with a timestamp - surely would solve any issues ?

Do you mean something like
"projectname_11212017_115337.c4d"
"projectname_11212017_115812.c4d"

instead of

"projectname_1.c4d"
"projectname_2.c4d"

This is something that should not be a problem. Most Users have been comfortable with just pure ascending enumeration. Probably something that should be choosable for individual preference. We will take that into consideration. Thanks!

reply share thread