Old 07-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #16
Snake Eyess
Mecha Pilot

Carl Visagie
3D Animator/Designer
Cape Town, South Africa

under System Variables
under the "Path" variable the value is set to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Wi ndows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32 \WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\3DPaintBrush\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Teleca Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner\;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/bin/Render

Old 07-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #17
olson
Houdini|Python|Linux
portfolio
Luke Olson
Dallas, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyess
under System Variables
under the "Path" variable the value is set to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Wi ndows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32 \WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\3DPaintBrush\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Teleca Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner\;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/bin/Render

The slashes go the other way on the last item, backslash instead of forward. Not sure if that would prevent it from working but it's worth trying out.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #18
Snake Eyess
Mecha Pilot

Carl Visagie
3D Animator/Designer
Cape Town, South Africa

wow... thats rather blind of me O_O
i will change it and give it a try

Old 07-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #19
Snake Eyess
Mecha Pilot

Carl Visagie
3D Animator/Designer
Cape Town, South Africa

ok, seem to have the path variable working, BUT seem to have another odd issue relating to it.

All servers are set with the same path variable so if I run "cmd" and type in "render" it says "missing file name" which I understand as being correct.

now... if I submit the backburner job with "render" in the in the "Render Path" setting it doesn't seem to work. It just gives a "CmdJob adapter: Create Cmdjob process error: 2"

if I change the path back to "c:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2014\bin\render.exe" it seems to submit it fine.

(this is only on the windows machines right now, but if it doesn't work like this I doubt its going to do any different from OSX)

Old 07-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #20
olson
Houdini|Python|Linux
portfolio
Luke Olson
Dallas, USA

I've never used Backburner but if it's anything like other queue managers it will have very detailed logs of exactly what happened. The summary of "error: 2" doesn't mean anything to anyone except for Backburner developers or gurus.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #21
cgbeige
Expert

portfolio
Dave Girard
Opinions are mine. You can't have them.
San_Francisrococo, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyess
(this is only on the windows machines right now, but if it doesn't work like this I doubt its going to do any different from OSX)

actually, the setup is completely different for OS X/Linux. See my linked article. Just type this in the terminal, and you'll be up and running in OS X:

Code:
echo "PATH=\$PATH:/Applications/Autodesk/maya2014/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/" >> ~/.bash_profile source ~/.bash_profile

for Linux it would be:

Code:
echo "PATH=\$PATH:/usr/autodesk/maya2014-x64/bin/" >> ~/.bash_profile source ~/.bash_profile

Old 07-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #22
Snake Eyess
Mecha Pilot

Carl Visagie
3D Animator/Designer
Cape Town, South Africa

I know that the setup is different... 2 completely different OS sets.

What i meant is that the principal/theory is the same. I.E. if i cant get it rendering across the windows boxes all setup right with the "render" command, what says it will work with this setup correct from the OSX boxes in a similar fashion?

in other words, I need to iron out the issue across the windows submission before I do the OSX machines

Old 07-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #23
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread