Laura Diehl's WIP Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2007
I personally thought the narrower shoulders looked better... The only real crit I have is to either shorten or cut off the shadow cast by his foot, it seems way too large and shapeless.

For the title... maybe you can make it the colors of the orb he has and give it the same glow as the orb? But that might look kinda tacky, unless you handpaint the glow with swirls or something.

04 April 2007
Originally Posted by eishiya: I personally thought the narrower shoulders looked better....

Me, too. The broader shoulders matched the earlier sketch, but not the new direction you've been going with the painting of your somewhat geeky character.

I like the white for the author's name with its current placement, but if you color the title with a hint of yellow or gold instead of all white, maybe it will help contrast it better against the full moon behind it as well.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."
- Goethe

04 April 2007
CyborgJA:

eishiya: That, my friend, is an example of the "beauty" of doing artwork for a rather indecisive client. The shoulders have changed at his request. I see what you mean by the foot shadow, the foot changed but I forgot to shrink the shadow (thanks!). As for adding a glow to the text, that might start to read as fuzzy when the image is shrunk for such purposes as a cover thumbnail.

tatiana: See above about the shoulders. I like your suggestions on the title. I'll try a little bit of experimenting with it...

ANYTHING else? Speak now or forever hold your left nostril!

04 April 2007
LDiehl....I am glad to see your new works at here......those pictures are so great......good job .... I am just feeling if had more colours been used in these pictures to be better.....LDiehl.....keep it up ...

04 April 2007
Reading your last post, no, I've nothing to add. )))

04 April 2007
Hi there LDiehl (or do you prefer Laura or Mrs. Diehl?)

Actually I'm also subscribing to this thread while I go over the rest of your work. They have such magical lighting and colors, so just looking them over takes way longer than I intended.
My blog

04 April 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread