Paint Vertex Properties Options Missing

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Paint Vertex Properties Options Missing

Hello,

So I'm trying to put some wrinkles into nCloth pants, following along with the Mastering Maya 2013. When putting in the wrinkles it asks me to adjust the min to -1 so I can make indented wrinkles, sounds simple. But for some reason I type in -1 and it just stays at zero. Also the painting attributes section in the options is extremely limited not showing any of the options the book does. I also can't adjust color feedback or the color min/max....WOW ok so as I was typing this I wanted to double check what wasn't available and all the options are back and everything is peachy. But I still have the question as to why that would happen. I've been trying to solve this problem for two hours. Any way in the future I can avoid it?

Old 05 May 2013   #2
Sometimes that tool needs a maya restart to work correctly.
Before attempting to enter -1 for the value, set the min value to -1 or lower. If it is set to zero (the default) you cant enter a value less than that).

David

Old 05 May 2013   #3
cool, thank you

Old 05 May 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread