Gnomon Workshop Live!: December 12th-19th

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2008   #16
Alex,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply to my questions. I suspected this was the case, as I had a feeling you wouldn't be sitting around laughing at the people muttering 'The room is too dark, I can't really read his lips...dammit, he turned around AGAIN!'...

...I know a few subtitlers. How about if I contact them and ask them to get in contact with you? Think you could fit that into your pipeline?

Old 11 November 2008   #17
Hi Alex,
Thank you for the wonderful opportunity. I have one questions as I am interested in both events you're holding. Is the discount for cg members valid for the master classes as well?

Thank you!

Old 11 November 2008   #18
Originally Posted by AlexAlvarez: paperclip: Unfortunately we will not have subtitles/captions for these events. It is definitely something we would love to offer in the future, but right now we are not able to. We know that it isn't necessarily too difficult to do, but we do not have the resources here to do it. To be honest, if someone emailed me and said "hey, I can subtitle your videos in english/chinese/whatever and it will take this long and cost this much" then I would have something to move on, but for know everyone here is swamped. If this is important to you and you have some info, let me know!

One of our national broadcasters offers this sort of service:

http://www20.sbs.com.au/language/index.php?id=15

Twitter: salmonmoose

Old 11 November 2008   #19
Just bought my ticket for the re-broadcast event and something doesn't make sense.
On the receipt under "Download your files using the following information:"
it says my download expires Dec 3?
The event end on Dec 19. Can someone explain this to me?
thx

Old 12 December 2008   #20
Hiya. Don't worry about that. I'll look into how the wording is phrased upon checkout. All attendees will be sent logins for the duration of the event.

-Alex

Old 12 December 2008   #21
Alright thx for the response Alex.
I just bought the master classes as well.
Looking forward to seeing all of these.

Old 12 December 2008   #22
cant wait

cant wait till fri. for the master class's ive been waiting so long (it seems like)

Old 12 December 2008   #23
Hi, my name is Carlos Oporto and i am from Ecuador, South America.

I am glad that this event is taking place online, i have always wanted to study at Gnomon (just can't afford it right now, but i really want to enter someday) and this is a chance i can't miss, i think of it as a first step to becoming a pro in the industry. I am already registered at the two events so it will be a busy week beginning Dec. 12th.

Thanks Alex for making this event and gathering so many artists, hope some of them can send me feedback of the works i have done. I admire people like you Alex, that teaches and help others become professionals in the industry, continue the great work and these online events.

Carlos

Follow us on Twitter @PlanetBitGames
Like us on Planet Bit Games | Facebook

Old 12 December 2008   #24
Events extended

I have received an email that the two events have been extended, thanks for this, i was worried that just one week couldn´t be enough time for the two events. Also does the special forum is extended for the two weeks? Thanks

Follow us on Twitter @PlanetBitGames
Like us on Planet Bit Games | Facebook

Old 12 December 2008   #25
Hi Alex,

Was just wondering if you had a rough idea as how big these videos will be? in terms of internet usage, im planning to watch all 18 lectures, not sure if my download limit will allow this.... at 2 to 3 hours each id guess theyd be fairly big downloads?

Old 12 December 2008   #26
Hiya...

Well, the events have kicked off and it is really amazing... the instructors did such a great job with their lectures and the attendees all seem to be enjoying it immensely.

itos: Thank you so much for the kind words and support! I hope you are learning a lot and having an inspiring and educational experience. Yes, the forum access is also extended for another week. Once the lectures started coming in, it was clear that two weeks would be a more appropriate timeframe to have access to all this info.

jamesbarnes: You will probably eat up around 10gigs of bandwidth if you watch everything.

-Alex

Old 01 January 2009   #27
so since i heard the news now that is over ...which is sad because i so wanted to see jeff patton's lectures....is there no way i can watch it or read his notes?

Old 01 January 2009   #28
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread