Earth Explosion

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2007   #16
Originally Posted by Nono7: Great Job supremepizza,
I tested it, and it works well...
i didn't link it to Pflow... lake of time... But I'll try.

Merci
Oui le script est l'unité centrale intensive.
(Comment est mon français ? )

Originally Posted by Nono7: Some suggestions for modeling tool.
- Try making breaking in a fractal or turbulence mode...
Please explain (elaborate/compliqué).
Originally Posted by Nono7: - no feeding the shape, let it simple (i mean open shape), like that you apply a shell and it gives thickness to your fragments.
This method is meant to represent the volume of the object. If you want to do a hollow object, egg, bottle, jar, etc... just apply the shell modifier first before running the script.

Originally Posted by Nono7: - asking for average size + variations (hard demands but so cool to discover this in a tool).
I have planned to do a fragment by size but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Originally Posted by Nono7: If I would have had this tool during my work... I can tell you I would have enjoyed it.
But thank for people like you for developping this kind of tool...
Go on... i wait impatiently some improuvements in your tool...

Nono7
Merci de nouveau.

Last edited by supremepizza : 03 March 2007 at 10:11 PM.

Old 03 March 2007   #17
Originally Posted by supremepizza: That is what was causing the artifacting. I am working on a proceedural way to do a soft select of inner verts and add noise without exceeding the external mesh parameters. I could add another step so you can manually do the soft selection then add a noise modifier before the mesh is exploded into objects. Want the option?

yeah that would be great!

heh I may have a project that could realy use this. If it ends up going threw i will have to send u a check!

Old 03 March 2007   #18
I updated the instructions a bit and added the ability to bake animations. So you can cut up fragments, bake the animations, cut, bake, etc... I haven't tried baking with out gizmos so if baking without them causes an error let me know. I used a couple persistent globals so if this causes any bugs let me know and I'll look into it. About the interior "messing up". I have been experimenting with a few methods that won't artifact the mesh. However the only method that works perfectly is the same method as the SplitItUp script. I hate using the same code so I have ommitted this for the time being. However sometimes there is only one way to do something so I may end up using the same method. I really don't want to use the method since there is no manual/realtime control of the "messup" other than using the noise modifier which refuses to work the same inside script as it does outside (manually). I'll give it another week or 2 before I figure out the best method. Anyway...

Atached: Rifter 1_1b
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rifter 1_1b.zip (5.1 KB, 81 views)

Old 03 March 2007   #19
nicomatic!

will give it a try tomorrow! for now you could probably cut the air here :(

kind regards

anselm

Old 04 April 2007   #20
supremepizza please don't stop updating this, it's too good

Old 04 April 2007   #21
Thanks,

I appreciate it. I'm glad the instructions are working. It's sort of a poor man's Afterburn with scripted chunks. Anyway that is what it was meant to be. Rendertimes are gonna be slow but worth it if you tweak the atmospherics.

About updating: I have one in the works. I've added mass to the scripted chunks so the bigger ones move slower than the smaller ones. But it involves wiring operators and I'm not sure how many people know how, so I'll need to update the instructions a bit. Going to add in the interior mess up on the next one too. Let me finish McKay's class first and I'll get back to it. I may learn a trick or 2 that I can add to it as well.

Cheers,
Bill

Old 04 April 2007   #22
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread