Character - Burner Flyer, Angel Nieves (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2004   #16
hey thanks for the nice comment 3d strong.
Yep, your friend's work is really good, I remember seeing that during the mf challenge.

Old 09 September 2004   #17
Outstanding character concept!

If you ever want to license him out, maybe my guys could duke it out with your guy some day!

***Maya Animators Needed***

Old 09 September 2004   #18
here is an update. I fixed the hand as much as I culd and fixed some things here and there.

Old 01 January 2005   #19
hey, this post might be a bit late, you've probably stopped working on this by now but ey, ill give my C&C anyway :P

first off the whole design and general image looks great
the skin shader and texture look great
the only things i think could be improved are the textures and shaders of the other things in the scene...
hrmm its hard to explain
i just feel like the skin of the guy looks so great but then u get the things on his arm (around his wrist) those circular thigns that are attached to his wrist armour..... they just seem so plain (texture and shader wise)...
maybe a more detailed texture or a more metallic looking shader might help..
i think its the same with the sword, and the green thing on his belt...
the thing sticking out from his belly looks great, the texture n shader on that are good...
and one more thing, the texture behind his head, the red stuff.. that just sticks out far too much in my opnion... seems a very artificial compared to the rest

anyway hope u dont mind the CnC...

image looks great overall

Old 01 January 2005   #20
hi midget!

It's been awhile but I do not mind the comments at all. Good C&C. with the texturing, I know what you mean, however, I didn't want every surface to be used, old and weathered; I wanted to have some things that were new and therefore the bolts, belt buckle and the head padding etc The bolts could use more reflectivity tho . The red head padding is meant to stand out to bring the focus to the head and then to the rest of the character.

I really appreciate your comments and I hope you check out my work again.

Old 01 January 2005   #21
Take look at his hands.... nails... they look too fresh. Whole figure looks too much "done". Shadows need some work. I think this guy will look much better with one or 2 spotlights and "steel" sword!
Too much cutout from background. DOF?

Chris

I like Ur upgrade! looks much better! but this way (U edited post,and I am editing now) noon would see progress anyway - and learn...

Nails! Man! He's not supposed to be pc operator!

Last edited by in4m3d : 01 January 2005 at 11:43 PM.

Old 02 February 2005   #22
Originally Posted by in4m3d: I like Ur upgrade! looks much better! but this way (U edited post,and I am editing now) noon would see progress anyway - and learn...

Nails! Man! He's not supposed to be pc operator!

ah, I didn't really know what you meant but now I do

I'm working on another character now which I'm fine tunning the sketch to move to modeling.
I'll have a different workflow... Lightwave, ZBrush and Maya and I've never done that before so this guy's in stand by right now.

Last edited by SNoWs : 02 February 2005 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 02 February 2005   #23
incredibile texture

i`m impressed

Old 02 February 2006   #24
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread