Anatomy Book - Need A Very Visual Reference

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2008   #1
Question Anatomy Book - Need A Very Visual Reference

Hello,

For my ZBrush doodling, I'm looking to buy an anatomy reference (like a visual dictionary) of some sort.

Already have books on sketching anatomy but I'd prefer a more detailed reference from bone>muscle>tissue>fat>outer skin type.

Got my eye on this so far:
Human Body (DK Visual Dictionaries)

Can anyone suggest something?
Thanks
Fess

Old 06 June 2008   #2
If you're looking for a more in-depth understanding of how things work and fit together structurally, i'd suggest Goldfinger's Human Anatomy for Artists. This book is less about pretty drawings and more about full technical documentation of muscle / bone structure, so it might be overkill for you. There's also an Animal Anatomy for Artists, which i've found handy in my Zbrush creature sculpts.

Cheers!
My Anatomy Thread

Old 06 June 2008   #3
There's also "Artistic Anatomy" By Dr. Paul Richer which I found to be very useful.

The beginning of the book is filled with indications of purpose, direction, etc of the structures but more to the end of the book you'll find a very comprehensive and visual guide to these structures as well as the body in different positions displaying the same structures but how they would be seen from different angles and postures.

I liked it very much.

Old 06 June 2008   #4
gilgamesh828, Khannalxy'tys....

Appreciate your input on this.
I'll be visiting my local bookstore tomorrow and will inspect these titles.

Regards
Fess

Old 06 June 2008   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread