Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Brad Alan Autry

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2006   #1
Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Brad Alan Autry

Brad Alan Autry is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Milestone: Concept/3d pre visualization of the Thistledown Chamber.

Vicktorious Designs

Old 11 November 2006   #2
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept Sketch (3d pre-visualization

Hey guys, Been a fan of this website for about a year and i figured I'd join up and enter a contest to brush up on my skills, something to motivate me. Hope you guys enjoy this thread.

Image: Very rough blockish setup here. Having read most of the book (sorry it's so long i'll finish it) I decided to go with the scene where Patricia was "kidnapped" when Heinemen see's the craft.

Wanted to go for something that would look nice as a poster and for the frame by frame i'll have Hein turning the ship around.

Basically it's going to be Heinemen riding the "flaw," Olmy's ship circling the flaw as well with Thistledown in the background blurry and hazy in the distance.

Also when i get my scanner back to working condition I'll add up my primary concept sketch.

So have fun with this thread I dont mind judgements and whatnot and be amazed at what a bar cook can do these days!

Last edited by Vicktorious : 11 November 2006 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Additional info.

Old 11 November 2006   #3
Modeling: Some modelling of the Tuberider

Some Modelling work. Alot still to go very few details. Planning to make windows completely sky blue transparent with some interior but as for now time to go to sleep so i can play the bar cook role for the next few days while i contemplate how i want to detail this puppy. Not to mention the city below and the blunt arrowhead style of the other ship. So much to do still.

Vicktorious Designs

Old 11 November 2006   #4
Modeling: Milestone: Building Suspension Modelling

After a block on how I actually want my Tuberider craft to actually look (design and texturewise) I decided to switch to workin on the Tower. I'm probably going to completely redo the craft as I decided the platform would better suit what I incoorperated it into on the tower suspension for Thistledown. This tower that's in it is in no way going to be included, it's just something i threw together with a buttload of extrudes and 10 minutes of time. Focus here is going to be the suspension. The tubes for now are just cables but I may turn the middle into being how you actually get in and out of the building. Once again just simple models so far still a lot of detailing needed but I like to put together rough designs first so i can start to get a picture of the final image.

Vicktorious Designs

Old 11 November 2006   #5
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Milestone: Concept/3d pre visualization of the Thistledown Chamber.

This is going to be the basic layout of the chamber. Textures are just placeholders until i model all the ruggedness in the walls / ground. Going to have a light ambiant diffuse of light as described in the book coming off of the plasma beam (can barely see it as is looks more like a glitch). The cross suspensions will most likely be thicker with detail much like you would see on a newer suspension bridge. There will be 3 bridges in this scene, 2 suspension bridges on each side of the left island where there will be a land city, and one made strictly for pedestrian usage leading to the island on the right where I'm thinking there will be at least forest, probably a park, small sport fields (IE futuristic Football field. not American football but soccer. Such a popular sport surely wont die out as its been getting more and more popular.) Giant building suspended from the structure on the top left of the image will probably be accessable by tubes described when Patricia visits the apartment building, all coming together in a central building rising above the center of the land city. Slight Haze in the sky (small atmosphere i'd think would only generate fogs instead of clouds since the particals would be less dense and more spread out)

Reconsidering the origional concept and am thinking same scene but earlier. Just after Olmy "kidnapps" Patricia and is making their escape to High Elevation where they will follow the plasma beam to the 7th chamber. (As I read the book I imagined the Plasma beam (ambiant light) as something that crossed through the entire meteor lighting each chamber and as being the "flaw" that the tuberider rides along seeing how it's the only thing that is in every part of the 7th chamber and the 7th chamber somehow recieves light. Just my interpretation.)

Anyways please I more than welcome any C&C.

Vicktorious Designs

Old 11 November 2006   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread