CGS ENV 101 Members

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

4 Weeks Ago
CGS ENV 101 Members

Anyone that is interested in contributing or receiving
free weekly scans please add your name to the list below.†

4 Weeks Ago
Hey I'm interested!†

Was actually trying to photoscan over the weekend but had strange results-

4 Weeks Ago

I would try the surfaces flattest to the lens first. So a pass around the outside of the cup and you could probably get away with just 5 images go the top lid†

4 Weeks Ago
I've got to start getting fuller model scans, most of mine are just ground textures for game textures.

I like your Banyan tree scan Travis

@BruceStroia
Id take a loot at this documentation form Agisoft, it helps show how to best capture 3D models. I think you need a lot more shots that are perpendicular to the sides of the cup as well as images from the top.
http://www.agisoft.com/pdf/tips_and_tricks/Image%20Capture%20Tips%20-%20Equipment%20and%20Shooting%20Scenarios.pdf

Last edited by martintk : 4 Weeks Ago at 04:05 AM.

4 Weeks Ago
These are awesome, I've always wanted to get into scanning myself

Last edited by KoryM : 4 Weeks Ago at 04:19 AM.

4 Weeks Ago
Kory good to see you in here. I will be uploading a bunch of un rendered image series to try out some scans of your own with along with assets this week if you want to download photoscan or recap and jump in.

I also want to use this to get deeper into substance and creating my own materials Martin should be a big help here as well!†

4 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by BruceStroia: Hey I'm interested!†

Was actually trying to photoscan over the weekend but had strange results-
You have to take photos also from different levels,(down, middle and upper) since its a little objet and almost white and black, you need more reference point, and using a paper as background will get you less, so taking photos from a lower level will take more reference points from the background, as trees or objets that have many colors and shapes work better but you will have to clean the dense cloud after, also the stickers will show better in a lower level and it will work as reference points too.
Dont forget it also works better if you turn around the objet and not rotating the objete because it will take less reference points

Last edited by Pacer32 : 4 Weeks Ago at 07:29 PM.

3 Weeks Ago
Thanks for the suggestions @Martin and @Pacer

I tried a few different things- more shots, less shots, revolving, rotating, different angles, different backgrounds, different lighting... still bad results!

Best cup results using a black background, but I've concluded either the bland white surface won't scan... or my little camera isn't right for this.† I think my next experiments will be using a more textured object, then outdoor shots!

4 Weeks Ago
Count me in.

3 Weeks Ago
Please share the scans, thanks.
As of now do not have any scans to share.

Last edited by tejvirs1 : 3 Weeks Ago at 09:23 AM.

1 Week Ago
Nice, must dig for something of interest in what I got†

https://sketchfab.com/models/635a3b...68d065f32383a20

1 Week Ago
I would like to participate too.

reply share thread