Did Nevercenter kill MikeFarny

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

02 February 2017
Did Nevercenter kill MikeFarny

Serously, Mike are you still out there bud?
Are you OK?
Do you need a rescue? =p

For a time you brought information and hope, now; it's gone eerily silent once more.

Maybe that's what they should rename Silo - Silent 3D!

Come on Nevercenter, you were within striking distance of once again doing something awesome don't quit on us now!

A few UI improvements for Hi-Res Displays, some bug fixes, and just a few more tool improvements + additions and Silo could remain relevant for some time to come with it's own niche in focused modeling.

03 March 2017
about future release of silo....

03 March 2017
Wasn´t Mike Farny with SolidEdge (Arnold) when he started working on Silo? Don´t know if he´s still with them but it looks like he abandoned ship on Silo at least. Personally I think it was just another attempt from NC to squeeze some more money out of Silo without to much effort on their behalf.

03 March 2017
Yes, There is a Mike Farnsworth working at Solid Angle which is owned by Autodesk since April 2016.

03 March 2017
I don't have an uncle Mike. Or do i?

Last edited by outburner : 03 March 2017 at 11:00 AM.

03 March 2017
Lol, no guys, I'm not dead.

Yes, I'm the same person re RenderSpud, Solid Angle / Arnold, etc. Because Silo is not rendering I was able to help out my friends at Nevercenter as a consultant in my spare time. Since Autodesk acquired Solid Angle the arrangement with Nevercenter would be an obvious conflict of interest with Autodesk, so we had to wish each other luck and part ways business wise.

I don't know what is in Silo's future. But it's a great modeler, and it was a privilege to do a little work on it, and I really enjoyed working with Nevercenter.

I hope that clears things up!

03 March 2017
So it´s back to limbo then......

Last edited by Veehoy : 03 March 2017 at 05:59 PM.

03 March 2017
Thank you, Mike. For at least a short time we had hope for possibilities.

Perhaps you might toss this 'deep well of sorrow' (silo) on to another hapless soul whose life might gain some modicum of cheer from other hapless souls (us) with large multi-gallon tanks of dreams sitting next to our computers. What's the worst that can happen? Especially if you find someone who already has a long history of family members being driven crazy?

03 March 2017
I find it hard to believe he enjoyed working with NeverCenter devs,these people are autistic or socially retarded.

They got balls to post on their Silo facebook page some beggar request to support their new silly kickstarter product. "Meet Pixelmash, our all-new approach to easily creating pixel art from photos, sketches, or from scratch! " and when people asked about Silo of course they ignored them.

Last edited by RRRambo : 03 March 2017 at 01:46 PM.

03 March 2017
Mike Lives!

Originally Posted by mikefarny: Lol, no guys, I'm not dead.

Yes, I'm the same person re RenderSpud, Solid Angle / Arnold, etc. Because Silo is not rendering I was able to help out my friends at Nevercenter as a consultant in my spare time. Since Autodesk acquired Solid Angle the arrangement with Nevercenter would be an obvious conflict of interest with Autodesk, so we had to wish each other luck and part ways business wise.

I don't know what is in Silo's future. But it's a great modeler, and it was a privilege to do a little work on it, and I really enjoyed working with Nevercenter.

I hope that clears things up!

MIKE YOU'RE ALIVE!

As others have said, "Thank You!"

I really appreciated your communication and efforts during our brief period of hope!

I hope you're doing well!
Should NC ever care enough to revitalize Silo - You should be well compensated to lead the charge!

09 September 2017
Hello everyone
I would like to introduce myself., I'm Luny.
This is my first post in this community. I'm artist, modeller, specialized in UnrealEngine4, Maya and ZBrush.

Silo is a lightweight Sub-D modeler, not a render engine capable of working with complex shader, physical based rendering, radiosity, GI, SFX simulation...
Michael Farnsworth is a Software Engineer specialized in 3D rendering engineering (C++ programming) not a 3D modeler, and probably do not have much to do for a fully focused Sub-D modeling tool.
I think Silo 3D is interesting precisely because it is what it is, the simplicity with low learning curve and be quite more cheap than most complete 3d software packages. It's my opinions, I do not be afraid to say that all work created using Silo can be exported to any 3D software, ZBrush, Maya, 3DsMAx, Blender, 3D-Coat, Substance Painter to be rendered, rigged, sculpted, textured .... for me it always will be part of the pipeline.

The creature bellow was modeled using Silo3D. Then I have exported to sketchfab as FBX.
My conclusion, would be interesting something like a real-time render similar to Sketchfab integrated. in Silo

Bunny - Work in Progress by thebunny on Sketchfab

Last edited by lunyBunny : 2 Weeks Ago at 02:16 PM.

09 September 2017
Originally Posted by lunyBunny: Michael Farnsworth is a Software Engineer specialized in 3D rendering engineering (C++ programming) not a 3D modeler, and probably do not have much to do for a fully focused Sub-D modeling tool.
If you had read the previous posts you would have realized that Mike was working with Nevercenter to further improve Silo as a Software Engineer. Not a modeler.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by makit3d: If you had read the previous posts you would have realized that Mike was working with Nevercenter to further improve Silo as a Software Engineer. Not a modeler.

Silo is a sub-D modeling program in excellence.
Does not needs rendering capabilities??????

@makit3d: I'm not saying the guy is a Modeler or Artist.
Now if actually did you read my previous post. You should noticed I wrote exactly what had you re-write in your answering. - Crazy contradiction

Like I writed previously:
"Michael Farnsworth is a Software Engineer specialized in 3D rendering engineering (C++ programming) not a 3D modeler, and probably do not have much to do for a fully focused Sub-D modeling tool."  Or not.... ?????

Your previous post originally posted by you above, @makit3d:

- "If you had read the previous posts you would have realized that Mike was working with Nevercenter to further improve Silo as a Software Engineer. Not a modeler."

My suggestion now:
Because many of my models were exported directly from Silo to Sketchfab as Fbx format without going through any other modeling, sculpting, texturing and rendering software, my suggestion remains: - If remotely someone around here has vision a little beyond of this time, it would not be at all bad to add similar (Not Equal. Replaying: not equal, not same), similar programming like that found in online platforms like sketchfab or marmoset toolbag. Integrating a real time PBR rendering engine with Silo 3D Modeling Software. If it works online why would not are working better as offline platform integrated in Silo?

So at this point I did not figured out his short and rough reply on the previous post.

Quote: I want to make money to make art. Do not make art to make money.

reply share thread