Books and stories that would make great movies

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2013
+1 Watership Down. I would like to see "WETA level" rabbits! No kiddy look of course. Real animals fighting to survive. Just seeing the Watership Down farm surrounding in full 3D would be worth the ticket.

I would actually like to see it more like a documentary AKA Winged Migration in the tone and feel.

They will remake Watership Down some day. I'll probably be already dead though...

12 December 2013
A realistic Watership down could be fantastic; but the original 2D animation is certainly not "kiddy". It is affectionately referred to as "the bloody bunny movie" in our home.

The General lives!

12 December 2013
The Silmarillion has to be made into a film series, but it would have to be done right, and I'm not sure Peter Jackson would be up to it(if he were to direct it).

12 December 2013
Just imagine: Svankmajer Watership Down!! That would be stone cold.

01 January 2014
Dragonlance. It's a no brainer for fantasy and is already written in a very cinematic style.

For something a bit more risky: The Amtrak Wars series by Patrick Tilley. It has everything. Futurism, sci-fi, earth magic/mysticism and fuedal Japanese wars. If you can't make an exciting trilogy out of that then I don't know what to tell you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amtrak_Wars

01 January 2014
I'd love to see a lot of public domain stuff take off as crowdsourcing projects similar to the way that dc universe's intro did... Tom Swift series that is on Project Gutenberg comes to mind among other things.

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by DoubleSupercool: Dragonlance. It's a no brainer for fantasy and is already written in a very cinematic style.

For something a bit more risky: The Amtrak Wars series by Patrick Tilley. It has everything. Futurism, sci-fi, earth magic/mysticism and fuedal Japanese wars. If you can't make an exciting trilogy out of that then I don't know what to tell you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amtrak_Wars

I love DragonLance. I really do but its got to be some of the cheesiest most cliched set of stories I've ever read. I love that stuff though. I love books about dragons and dwarfs, even if they are bit on the been there done that side of things. I just don't think that we need another Lord of the Rings wannabe on the screen.

The most interesting thing about DragonLance is the character development and trajectory of the character Raistlin. He is the most interesting character in those books.

01 January 2014
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread