Canīt get PhysX to work

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Canīt get PhysX to work

Hello!
Im trying to do a domino scene with PhysX.
Everything works like a charm when I play the animation, but when I want to bake the animation nothing happens. It runs trough the timeline but no dyamics are used.Im using Maya 2013.

Then I tried Bullet Dynamics, but when I try create a active body I get this error:
// Warning: Rigid body cannot be generated. Please select transform and try again. //
// Error: file: c:/Program Files/DynamicaBullet2.81ForMaya2013-x64/scripts/dynamicaUI.mel line 1030: More than one object matches name: Texture_Support //

And when I try using the original Bullet in maya thing just go crazy and flies away when things collide.

Anyone knows any tips?

03 March 2013
I would use Dynamica for RBD in maya

https://code.google.com/p/dynamica/

its a cool plug , more reliable than the AD bullet integration , and the physX tool.

cheers

E

03 March 2013
What I used to do with PhysX is to get the simulation working right, then put a keyframe on all dynamic objects on frame 1, and turn on auto-key and just play the simulation using the PhysX play button. That way it will take enough time to calculate everything, and automatically bake it as it plays through.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread