Joseph Kosinski's Oblivion Poster

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
Joseph Kosinski's Oblivion Poster

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59922
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

12 December 2012
Good poster design.

I hope the film itself is just as good...

12 December 2012
Looks cool (I mean the poster. Who the hell knows how good the movie will be)
Here's slightly better version than the crappy quality that AICN always seems to post.

12 December 2012
I just learnt about this film thanks to that thread. I'm curious about the movie. I'm adding it to my watchlist.

Quote: A court martial sends a veteran soldier to a distant planet, where he has to destroy the remains of an alien race. The arrival of an unexpected traveler causes him to question what he knows about the planet, his mission, and himself.

Tons of concept arts here : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1483013...hread/207704844

12 December 2012
where's the Dragon?

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by Shletten: Tons of concept arts here : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1483013...hread/207704844

Andree Wallin says in the comments on that IMDB page that these were done for the graphic novel:

Quote: ....I did all these illustrations for the book back in 09, 10. The Oblivion universe has evolved quite a lot since these were done.
Anyway, glad you like the art, thx

Still, these are awesome. I hadn't heard of this movie until this thread and am now looking forward to it.

12 December 2012
This is news to me also. Looking forward to trailers.

12 December 2012
Some Akira influence on that poster, but I'm not blown away, and Director doesn't have high score in my eyes.

12 December 2012
That does indeed look promising! Digging Daniel Simon's flyer design there. Very nice.

Ah it's a good time for scifi right now, lets hope we don't get obliterated by an asteroid or whatnot this year so we get to see it. I never get tired of Cruise as a scifi hero, his intensity is always spot on.

12 December 2012
The design and everything looks really cool for this, I find it funny that as usual there are multiple our-future-world movies..maybe 3 if you count Cloud Atlas.

When does Will Smith's After Earf come out?

I do find it funny that the plot synopsis is that he's sent to destroy a planet's history, and there's mystery as to what it might be, then on the poster they say IT'S EARTH!

Kind of like having the ending of Prometheus directly on the poster. :P

But then I guess that wouldn't be a big reveal either way, and hopefully not what the whole thing builds up to, some kind of Planet of the Apes reveal.

12 December 2012
Poster

This poster looks amazing. Can't wait for it.

12 December 2012
Whatever the plot, the poster is well designed. I also like the design of the spacecraft a lot.

Definitely a better poster than the one they put out for "Men of Steel"...

12 December 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread