Chipotles Scarecrow Ad

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2013   #16
It would be more ironic if they were still owned by McDonald's, but either way can always appreciate the work apart from the content or the subcontext.

Old 09 September 2013   #17
I thought this ad looked great, but there was a nasty advertising cloud over the whole thing for me. It came of as manipulative and kind of misleading.

Either way I thought this version summed it all up for me:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/da...onest-scarecrow

Old 09 September 2013   #18
Originally Posted by uncon: Either way I thought this version summed it all up for me:

The work itself was wonderful, but that was hilarious and very spot-on. Great use of the song.

Old 09 September 2013   #19
Originally Posted by uncon: I thought this ad looked great, but there was a nasty advertising cloud over the whole thing for me. It came of as manipulative and kind of misleading.

That was quite good. I didnt even know this company existed. I hope their product is as good as they advertise it... At least...

Old 09 September 2013   #20
Looks great, but had me seriously rolling my eyes that it for chipotle

Old 09 September 2013   #21
Originally Posted by Artbot: Wow, that was stunning. Gigantic points for using a Fiona Apple version of the song - that's a very bold choice.

Why was that a bold choice? EVERYONE is using these kind of slow, female songstress versions of songs. Literally everyone. Well, at least in the UK.

Old 09 September 2013   #22
Originally Posted by uncon: I thought this ad looked great, but there was a nasty advertising cloud over the whole thing for me. It came of as manipulative and kind of misleading.

Wow, they really put a lot of work into parodies these days. That was spot-on, though.

Originally Posted by thethule: Why was that a bold choice? EVERYONE is using these kind of slow, female songstress versions of songs. Literally everyone. Well, at least in the UK.

Because Fiona Apple is not a "mainstream" artist in the US. She's much more in the fringe/indie area, and has made controversial statements in the past, especially regarding animal welfare (oh, the irony!). It's also a darkly melancholy take on the song, and she's hardly a household name. Chipotle certainly would have reached many more viewers by using some chirpy Katy Perry or Miley Cyrus song.

Old 09 September 2013   #23
Originally Posted by Artbot: Wow, they really put a lot of work into parodies these days. That was spot-on, though.

Because Fiona Apple is not a "mainstream" artist in the US. She's much more in the fringe/indie area, and has made controversial statements in the past, especially regarding animal welfare (oh, the irony!). It's also a darkly melancholy take on the song, and she's hardly a household name. Chipotle certainly would have reached many more viewers by using some chirpy Katy Perry or Miley Cyrus song.

Well, i know that, that's my point. In the UK at least every other advert on TV seems to have an unknown songstress singing a well known song in the same melancholy, slow, simple fashion...im suprised this hasnt caught on in the US yet. Be happy about that, its annoying as hell.

Old 09 September 2013   #24
Originally Posted by thethule: Well, i know that, that's my point. In the UK at least every other advert on TV seems to have an unknown songstress singing a well known song in the same melancholy, slow, simple fashion...im suprised this hasnt caught on in the US yet. Be happy about that, its annoying as hell.

No, we're still in the dub-step and 20 year old hip-hop phase. And the occasional 40 year old rock song thrown in for good measure. :-)

Old 09 September 2013   #25
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread