polygon disappears when performing boolean > union

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #31
What do you need boolop for? It is obsolete, i.e. superseded by boolPro. If you have the boolPro plugin, then use the python setup script to connect the nodes, and you are ready to go.

Also if you have the plugin binaries that other people can use for OSX, please consider sending them to me (zoharl3@yahoo.com), so I would add them to boolPro download page, so other people could take advantage of it.

Old 04 April 2013   #32
Yes you are right. I'll send them to you! I have two questions:
1. Is it possible to add an Python shelf button that will create a boolPro Node that has another Bool Type at creation. Because If you have quite complex meshes you have to wait long until you'll be able to change the Bool Type in the node.
2. Thats maybe a dumb question, but how do I add a Mesh with the "Add New Item"? It alwas adds the boolPro node which ich obviously selected to be able to click the "Add new Item" Button

Old 04 April 2013   #33
Thanks for the plugins.

I'll answer both questions. Instead of using the python setup script, setup everything yourself manually. You can do everything through maya GUI (e.g. connection editor), or you can create two shelf buttons, one for creating the boolPro node, and one for adding an object. This tutorial should work for maya's inner boolean command as well.

1. Make sure the plugin is loaded:
if not mel.eval('exists boolPro'): 		
      	mc.loadPlugin('boolPro')

or use plugin manager.
2. Create a boolPro node and an output mesh.
res = mc.createNode("mesh")
       mc.sets(res, add="initialShadingGroup")
        bpro = mc.createNode('boolPro');
        mc.connectAttr('%s.outputMesh'%bpro, '%s.inMesh'%res,f=1)

3. Change in the boolPro node the attributes you want, e.g. change the operation from union to intersection.
4. Connect new objects to the boolPro node. For example, to add 'cube1' to 'boolPro1':
First add a new item slot for the new object:
mel.eval('source AEnewNonNumericMulti.mel;  AEnewNonNumericMultiAddNewItem("boolPro1","inputMesh");')

or use the 'Add new item' button in the attribute editor of the plugin, and then connect the new object to that slot (slot0 in this case, designated by [0]).
        mc.connectAttr('pCube1.worldMesh', 'boolPro1.inputMesh[0]',f=1)

or use the connection editor/hypershade.

Last edited by zoharl : 04 April 2013 at 08:09 AM.

Old 04 April 2013   #34
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread