Statue And A Girl, Gokhan Karcioglu (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Statue And A Girl, Gokhan Karcioglu (3D)

Title: Statue And A Girl
Name: Gokhan Karcioglu
Software: 3ds max

An rendering I inspired from a photo.
Completely modelled in 3dsMax5 and textured with photoshop 5.5 (I hate texturing). Characters are modelled in pose, not rigged. Used scanline renderer and 14 lights.

Old 03 March 2005   #2
You have some very interesting aspects of this image. I really like the tree holding the bird. I guess my complaint is that some of the features don't seem to fit well with each other. It kind of looks like you took elements from other 3D work and put them together in this. Don't get me wrong, I think you have strong modeling skills and the image looks good. I just think a little more work will go a long ways.

Old 03 March 2005   #3
Interesting scene. I like how you did the tree in the background, especially with all of the crows around.
What I think is really missing from the scene though is depth. The castle doesn't feel like it's off in the distance; it's too sharp. Some DOF might fix this.

Old 03 March 2005   #4
Vormav-
Yas I shuld admit that elements are really not fitting with each other. I only took church from another scene all other elements are modelled for this image but they did not fit well too.
And I'm really angry with this.
Matt-
I used dof before but noone liked it in another forum so I sent here this rendering.Actually with dof it wasn't good as this one is. Becouse grasses and clouds became too blurry with dof but now I think it could be better with some blurring with photoshop.
I modelled tree with it's main branches than i modelled 5 branch as different objects than used scatter to spread them.And crows are only flat meshes; I draw splines and extruded.

Thanks for your comments.

Old 03 March 2005   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread