Batmobile '89

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2013   #16
More detailing on the side wing section...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 08 August 2013   #17
Starting back lights making sure the topology is acceptable (trying to avoid bumpy areas as best as possible...)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 08 August 2013   #18
Clean and accurate, apart from the tail lights which should be closer among them.

Old 08 August 2013   #19
Thank you!

Hi Kangaltwo, thank you for your response, I read over your message and didn't know what you meant at first but then looking at it again I see that the lights need to be closer together (I hoping I understood you correctly)

Also I realised the inner pattern on the wings need to be amended (too far forward). If there are any more issues you see please let me known (another eye is always a good thing). Thanks

Old 08 August 2013   #20
Yes, u've understood exactly what i meant, there's too much distance between the tail lights on the vertical axis. I ask sorry for my bad english, not my motherlanguage.
About other parts, i don't know this prototype as good as to be able to find unaccuracies, i'll try anyway if something will catch my eye.
I saw u have had some problems to preserve a clean mesh after the surfaces' cutting. It's a polygonal softwares' common problem, cuts generates mesh turbolence generally difficult to fix. U can limit the issue as u did but never to fix it completyely.
Anyway your surfacing is more than good

Last edited by Kangaltwo : 08 August 2013 at 09:59 AM.

Old 08 August 2013   #21
I don't know this prototype...

It's difficult to model this vehicle because the blueprints I've found the views do not seem to match up so I'm using my own eye in some instances, also the detailing on the side vents (which I was adamant about creatinig all the curves and grooves) left me with a lot of spare edges that I need to connect to the front wheel base, if I try to connect all of them but make the wheel base more dense increases the chance of bumpy errors (which I hate!) if collapse too many then weird pinching occurs if caught on an angle so I raised the specularity and rotate my views to make sure it looks as smooth as possible.

Old 08 August 2013   #22
Anyway it's a difficult car to modeel even with a perfect blueprint set. There are several surfaces' transitions and many angles are hidden, so u need to improvise sometimes.
Only thing, u probabilly should concept the model , in the first steps, like 2-3 big rough pieces looking mainly to the proportions, measures and good mesh flow. This to avoid connections' problems . I did this way modeling my McLaren P1, the whole carbody, which probabilly is even more complicated that the Batmobile, is composed by 2 pieces only at this stage, i mean, the base body and the pillars thing. It's class A as surfacing. This approach allows u to get a clean base mesh to work on adding details in a second time.
The third pic shows the carbody after i've added details on the base surfaces. I hope it helps someway This car were on my portfolio here before my account was cancelled.

Old 08 August 2013   #23
I see what you mean... First of all your mesh is beautiful and clean but I also like the way you have gradually made refinement but still keeping a smooth looking model.

Old 08 August 2013   #24
Many thanks, but yours is good too. Also, i ask sorry to show pics of my work in your own thread, i'm happy u've understood my purpose anyway. I think u're doing great although your modeling approach isn't the most correct because of the reasons i've previously explained. Basically, doing your way, it's easier to get issues , but your model is 50% done already and so far frankly as i've said it's very good. Maybe u could try ''my'' approach the next time . U'll probabilly notice it's faster and it will give u the correct base to work on, because u'll have all the car shape already modeled, ready to be sculpted with details and stuff Modeling a car, this is the only really difficult part and u'll see how, once the base is finished, every medium and little details will be very easy generally to model.
Best of luck m8, i'll follow your updates

Old 08 August 2013   #25
Very nice model so far. I see some issues here and there with topology, but you seem to be finding ways around it, so I guess it is nothing to be concerned about. If you posted more wireframes, It would have been easier to give you better feedback. I have to say I am still learning myself, so my suggestions are not always spot on, but in cases like that fuel cap cut out you had a problem with, I would probably model it on top of the smoothed mesh and manually bevel tweak it afterwards.

Last edited by AlexSarakapudaff : 08 August 2013 at 05:50 AM.

Old 08 August 2013   #26
Thank you Alex, I am still learning new tricks myself, the fuel cap was an issue with dodgy fringed edges but applied more polygons to inside the cap to make a better edge and constantly checking to see imperfections and want to be as logical as I can in my choices for getting a good looking mesh

Old 08 August 2013   #27
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread