Where are all the animators?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2002
neolee40: I just posted a reply to your thread in the gallery. Great work man. How long have you been animating and how long did it take you to do that animation? Not modeling or setup, just animating the spot?

Yeah, I did the whole project except for modeling the characters and props, and texturing them. That was done before hand. We got the approval and the audio for the spot three weeks before the deadline. I setup the characters (thank God they were simplistic) and animated it. Actually, a work mate did the animation of the close up of the popcorn. He isn't an animator but wanted to learn so he stayed with me until 2:00 in the morning on a Friday night while I sort of gave him a crash coarse in keyframing and Lightwave. He did good, and I tweaked the curves a little bit for him and helped him through some technical issues, but he pretty much did that section.

Anyways, it was a crunch all the way to the deadline. If you'll notice, the fingers on the characters very seldom move and remain pretty stiff. I simply didn't have the time.

Man, I've got to get some web space!

ila_solomon: The Box and Sphere contest did work well and was a lot of fun. I agree that there should be some kind of challenge but so few people seem interested. Maybe if enough people give interest, and we come up with some rules and time frames, Bentllama will implement your request.

09 September 2002
ThankYou

WOW i can't believe you did all that in 3 weeks??? where did you say you worked????

Thank You Rouge well animating took me about 1.5 solid!! I blocked it through!!! the animated it . Then cleaned it up!! I have theblock through if you want to see it. But now looking back on it i would change alot of things like putting more weight in the jump and smoothing out the right arm on one of the sentances!!!

Web space:- get some from www.easyspace.com it's dirt cheap and you get a domain name as well it cost me 35 for a domain and 30megs of space i think??? Hey man thanks for your feed back!!!
My Website

09 September 2002
Oh, sorry, I work at a company called Magnetic Dreams. You can go to magneticdreams.com and get an idea, but there isn't many of our latest animations posted on there. The head cheeses have been focusing on a sales presentation for the sales guy, and not so much on the website. But I'll drop some hints.

Yeah, 3 weeks. As I said though, the characters were easy to setup up, wasn't very polygon heavy, and I didn't get to go in and animate little things like the hands and fingers unless it was neccesary. There also wasn't any lypsync or any complicated animation. Oddly, I don't think I would be able to do it today because I'm much more picky. Plus, I know Lightwave's interface like the back of my hand....helps alot.

Sure, post the block through. It'd like to see that.

Thanks for the tip on the webspace. I've already checked around and my server offers a decent deal. I just haven't chunked the cash into it yet.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread