Staying with the traditional way, which went off great last month we're keeping that format...
This month's Challenge is entitled "Above & Beyond"
Here is what was stated as the final rules for the A&B Challenge
The final rules for this 7th challenge are
1) Must be flying contraption built for atmospheric flight... please NO spaceships
2) Should carry only up to 4 people
3) Must resemble a homemade flying device constructed out of used or primitive materials
DEFINITION OF HOMEMADE http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=homemade
4) The vehicle can be constructed out of wood, metal sheets, glue, tape, nuts and bolts...anything at hand
5) The realm to which the device fits can be anything from fantasy over post apocalyptic to sci fi. As long as it looks home made
6) A character (pilot, mechanic or spectator) is optional. The emphasis is on the vehicle. The character can be made as part of the contraption though (as wearing a jetpack)
7) No Alien characters (this spectrum is way to broad)
8) The character should show one of the following emotions, proud, angry, frustrated, scared(freaked out)
9) NO textures (optional: will not be judged but you can do them during the month, just not for the final)
10) Bumpmaps are allowed BUT only for things that would be impractical to model, for example... Wood grain, brick, bark, scratches or rock surfaces
11) Basic default shading colors are allowed
The Challenge starts Aug 5th and will run till September 6th Midnight EST
2D challenges will have the handicap of adding depth by shading their characters/flying machines, you should make a model sheet (though not required of perspective view + detail views )
- just modeling and rigging(for posing purposes, though you can model your entry posed), textures are a plus but will not be judged.
- All final entries should be posed and remain untextured for voting.
*Please note* this doesn't mean you CANNOT texture during the challenge in your own threads, it just means this will not be the focus at the end of the challenge.
- Please provide some form of concept art, a doodle is fine.
- Render from a few different point of views so we can see details.
Remember that this is a WIP challenge, so it is a requirementto show the steps you used, maps e.t.c , e.t.c and help out as much as you can, of course you're not obligated to, but it will help those that need it greatly.
There are however some restrictions to prevent unnecessary issues:
- Images with a direct outside linking should NOT exceed the size of either 800x600 or 600x800 . . . If you want to show a larger formatted picture, do so using a link to the image . . . we have to keep in mind that there are still people with small monitors and slow connections.
- Important, Please DONOT use any models prior to the challenge start date, start from scratch. If it's evident you used an old model, you will be told to remove and start over.
When you begin a new thread please use the following syntax
Above & Beyond - Vehicle or character- [your name]
And that's it,
have fun all