Meshing help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

03 March 2018
Meshing help

Hello, I just got back into zbrush, but apparently I've forgotten how to fix bad topology. I remember something about zremesher and dynamesh but forgot how to work with it. Attached is the screenshot of a mouth that i was trying to hollow out

03 March 2018
I figured it out, I was supposed to ctrl click on the empty canvas.
But about saving- should i use "save document" or "save file"? i remember when trying to save and i come back the eye subtools are gone.

03 March 2018
Take a look at this video to learn about the 3 different ways to save files: https://pixologic.com/zclassroom/lesson/saving-intro

03 March 2018
I keep coming across problems all the time. Three years ago I was able to make models just fine, but now apparently no video tutorial on local symmetry can help me, and various other problems. I hope you don't mind me pasting my problem from Zbrushcentral here:
"So, keeping in mind that I can't hear videos, can you guys please help me?
I am trying to use local symmetry on any subtool I create/import/duplicate. Every time, symmetry does not work. I have followed guides saying how to use Unify, Mirror, S.Pivot Including making sure it's centered, checking all XYZ in Mirror, but nothing works. The whole progam is either bugged or I need to reset settings.
Attached is a model of hair I was trying to create, and it won't work symmetrically, not even the default sphere subtool."
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showth...roring-subtools

03 March 2018
It appears that you merged two halves of your hair together. This does not create a single object though. When you merge two subtools together, this just combines the two halves into one subtool. They are still two separate objects. If you try to sculpt on the hair, you will see that it is not one single object. If you want the hair to be one single object, you should Dynamesh and then run ZRemesher.

As for your symmetry problem. Go to the "Transform" menu and click the "S Pivot" button. That should fix the problem.

03 March 2018
Someone just told me that It's not possible to use local symmetry for merged subtools. He said I have to work on one half first, finish it, then mirror/merge and weld.

03 March 2018
Take a look at the attached images.
The first image shows two spheres that I merged. As you can see, the symmetry is off and I can only sculpt on the sphere to the right.
The second image shows the two spheres after I clicked the S Pivot button. Now I can sculpt on both spheres symmetrically.

03 March 2018
Is there something I have to do after clicking S.Pivot? because on one sphere after clicking S. Pivot, sculpting on it does not work symmetrically. (working on just one sphere, not two like in your image)

Last edited by Kracov : 03 March 2018 at 10:29 AM.

03 March 2018
No, all I did was click S Pivot. Nothing else.

I noticed, in the image you posted at ZBrush Central, that you are using Zbrush 4r8, not 4r8 P2. You should upgrade to the latest patch. https://support.pixologic.com/News/...2-now-available

03 March 2018
Issue still persists after updating to P2. maybe I have something toggled that shouldn't be toggled?

03 March 2018
This may be a stupid question, but you do have "X" symmetry activated, correct?

Can you provide your file so I can take a look? I'm not really sure why this is happening?

03 March 2018
do you mean mirror and weld's x? i've attached the image and the link for the file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7khhp4bjj...awrgaw.ZPR?dl=0

03 March 2018
No, not mirror and weld. Take a look at the image you just posted. In the Transform menu, see where it says "Activate Symmetry"? Your symmetry is disabled. You need to turn it on and choose "X" symmetry. Once you do that, you should be able to sculpt on both sides of the object.

03 March 2018
That was it! It works now, you're the best. I was starting to think the three forums I went to would never help lol.

03 March 2018
Glad I could help.

reply share thread