Maya 2016.5 - Cant key after set driven key

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

11 November 2017
Maya 2016.5 - Cant key after set driven key

I created a slider for open-close fingers, this set driven key was made with every finger controller and a nurb slider, the slider works perfect, fingers open and close, but after making this set driven key i cant animate each finger controller, why?

if i move the finger controler and create a new key for that single controller, after hit play, the hand stays in closed mode and finger controllers have blue squares next their values insteed of red dots for keys, the finger controller does changes its translate-rotate values but the individual controller doesn´t work anymore....

Then how can i make a finger closed pose animation with a slider if i cant animate fingers latter? i wont use animation clips, i just dont like working with clips..... i just wanted to make an easy way to close hands to work faster...without affecting further my animations and i dont understand why Maya doesn´t have a simple pose manager.

Last edited by RoccoFx : 11 November 2017 at 09:32 AM.

11 November 2017
Hi
As I doubted reading your post and later tried in maya to confirm that you have sdk the ctrl directly, which should be done to a null group (all transform zero) above the ctrl and ctrl should be left free for timeslider keying
 Just add a ctrl under your existing ctrl and hide the sdk ed ctrl. Hope tht don't affect ur rig or animation.
Regards

reply share thread