Anatomy WiP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Anatomy WiP

ZBrush
Going to try and get back to doing a couple of hours a week on this.
All the bones in the spine are individually modeled .

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by AndyPhelan : 04 April 2013 at 01:48 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #2
Hey man,

You'll need to upload your image to a site like postimage, use.com, or photobucket. Copy the direct link that your given, and place that between your img tags.

-AJ

Old 04 April 2013   #3
Thanks for that I will give it a go and get the images up , just upload some thumbnails up at the moment just so there is something there.

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Thanks , for the help the images are up now .

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Cool man!

I obviously can't say much for the accuracy of things, but they do look nice.

There is a guy who post occasionally on the forums who seems to know his way around things like this. Maybe you can send him a PM and see if hes willing to offer some feedback.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?userid=176411

-AJ

Old 04 April 2013   #6
Awesome , thanks for that , I will send him a message and see what he thinks.

Old 04 April 2013   #7
Great start! I am no medical student, but I do make orthopaedic animations for work. There is one thing that jumped out at me right away in your Cervical section. The transverse process needs to be more of a "U" shape, as it creates sort of a protective tunnel for the nerves to branch out from the spine. Keep it up, I love that you are sculpting all the different layers with the muscles in the face!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04 April 2013   #8
Wow awesome piece of reference , were did this come from , will have a rework of these before I get to the clavicle and scapula ( which are the next planned pieces ) .
Thanks.

Old 04 April 2013   #9
Thank you! The image I posted earlier is a collaborative piece created for my work, done by Doug Lane and myself.(Doug modeled/textured the thoracic section, I modeled/textured/rendered the rest) So far, we have had to remodel the entire skeletal structure a couple times to get the doctors to confirm accurate anatomy. I hope it helps some...

Old 04 April 2013   #10
That's a pretty good anatomy. The eyeballs seem a bit too big.

Old 04 April 2013   #11
This looks great so far and like a ton of fun to do! I agree with mister3d that the eyes look a bit large, not the eyes so much as the orbital cavities, unless you are going for a slightly stylized model.

either way I cant wait to see the end result

Old 04 April 2013   #12
very nice! Not much to change here, in my opinion. Very solid anatomy. One thing though: The boney skull looks great, but the upper part of the orbital ring is strange. It almost seems like it has an "angry expression", caused by the crease, if you know what I mean. While you're at it, you might add the supra-orbital foramen (essentially a hole), where the nerve leaves the skull.
See here for reference:

I agree, that the cervical spine looks a little stylized, but overall very nice and all the important features are there.

Don't get me wrong, this is already great, but you can still push it a little bit further by refining the shapes some more.

Furthermore, could you show the thoracal spine in a back view, where the ribs are connected? When learning Anatomy, I found the spine was one of the most difficult parts to wrap your brain around.

EDIT: Maybe I'm mistaken, but I only count 10 ribs. All 12 thoracal spine bodies have ribs, the last two are free and not connected to the sternum at all. I don't see them.

Keep it up...

Last edited by The-FubaR : 04 April 2013 at 11:06 AM.

Old 04 April 2013   #13
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread