My own Jeanne D'Arc

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2008
My own Jeanne D'Arc

A few months ago I started that Jeanne D'Arc tutorial from 3dtotal. A well known tutorial i think. This was my first character ever. When i finished the model i used it to practice things like Vray, clothing sim, rigging, and texturing.

I included a bone system, not a biped but a self made system, and skinned her. I also animated the cloths and used cloth modifier for the hairs. For everything i did, i used 3ds Max and Vray for it.

Well here she is then.

Im not yet done with this project. Im not satisfied with the textures on the clothes and metal. I think some scratches on the plate armor, and some worn looking clothes makes the model a lot more interresting. And the complete rig isn't bugfree either. Facial animations are not yet included.

I hope you guys have some comments for me.

Last edited by ZappZhero : 10 October 2008 at 04:04 PM.

10 October 2008
That's looking pretty awesome right there!

10 October 2008
Thumbs up

wow, man, she looks great. She looks like an action figure or a doll (and that's not a bad thing). Is that what you're going for? I agree with you that scratches on her armor and some wear and tear on her clothes would do her justice.

Good stuff

Look at my characters! and my website! and my portfolio!!

10 October 2008
Good to hear that I've got a good start
I did'nt really intend to make an action figure (wich is a cool thing though, maybe something to keep in mind for this project) but I tried to make her look cartoony. I want the materials to look quite real but the character itself should not too realistic.

Well, here is a short movie of the clay model. The only thing that anoys me are the flickering shadows. Maybe you cant see it on the youtube quality video but it is there. Does anybody know how to get that right?

Video claymodel

More comments are always welcome!

10 October 2008
Here is an update of Jeanne's Armor, I hope you like it.

10 October 2008
very nice. i like it. one thing about her armor you might want to fix are the boots; she will have a hard time walking in those.

10 October 2008
Here is the latest version of Jeanne, I've been working on the textures for the armor, belt and clothes and I did the hair texture all over again. I also did a fix on the boots. They're still not completely realistic but the idea is there I think.

Last edited by ZappZhero : 10 October 2008 at 04:53 PM.

10 October 2008
You've done a great job of texturing and making this your own. The update on the boots is nice, too.

10 October 2008
very smexy if you ask me!

10 October 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread