Swirling Cloud after Caching it

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

11 November 2017
Swirling Cloud after Caching it

Hello,

I have a cloud sim that is cached out and I'm using the HOLD feature to lock a specific frame of the cache.

I was wondering what would be the best way to have the cloud slightly move for the duration of my scene while being held at that specific frame in the cache; i.e like a small amount of turbulence, or swirl, very slightly though. I was messing around with the time feature in the textures option for perlin noise or space time but it's not quite what I'm going for.

Thanks in advance!

-Cody

3 Weeks Ago
Its assumed you are wanting to add some velocity swirl on the cached frame?
Theory is to use two fluid containers - one cached version the other duplicate settings but dynamic - uncached. Extract the density values from the cache fluyid and emit into the new fluid where you can add swirl etc.
Use SOuPs fluidAttributeToArray node with pointCloudFluidEmitter and emit the current frames fluid density (cached) into the other fluid container, this container being uncached and dynamic. This will add density to the exact voxels as your cached fluid into your new one - use a very high emission rate for one frame to then turn it off - Add velocity swirl and turbulence to suit.
Just animate the visibility of the cached fluid when emission into the second container starts.

Last edited by Aikiman : 3 Weeks Ago at 10:37 PM.

reply share thread