nhm_challenge_fbarretta

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2007
nhm_challenge_fbarretta

Hi,this is my first challenge...I've already seen a lot of great works! I'm still working on the clean plate and I hope to upload the final stage later today...
For the final plate I'm thinking about an ice age...I'm not so sure right now...however, here's a little sketch just to give an idea...
I'm waiting you comments and critics!
thanks!
Fabio

04 April 2007
ok, this is my clean plate...it's finally finished...!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clean_plate.jpg (96.5 KB, 66 views)

04 April 2007
...and this is the "very very quick sketch" I forgot to upload in the first post....!

04 April 2007
concept

I like your concept! can't wait to see how it turns out!

05 May 2007
the concept looks great I agree on that, it will not be an easy one for animation and 3D in your final challenge stage, I will look forward, keep it up, nice composition !

05 May 2007
Yeh nice concept there, though remember to try and balance your own ideas with the original location

- Dave

05 May 2007
ok, I've found a morning to close the extension stage...is it enough?...hope to have more time for the next step!...oh! I turned off the lights too!

thanks!
fabio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plate_ext.jpg (93.9 KB, 43 views)

05 May 2007
This is a more complete version of the sketch I posted. It would be great to try differnt solutions, but I don't think to have enough time...Waiting your comments as always!

thanks
fabio

05 May 2007
a little update..I've changed a bit the composition and added some detail (glow, clouds, wind etc..)..
thanks!
fabio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg update.jpg (96.4 KB, 110 views)

05 May 2007
great concept, really nice idea to have some ice reflecting parts of the church.

05 May 2007
wow this concept is so great ! the general idea is awesome, also I like a lot the composition, the reflective ice is just wonderful I can{t wait to see it finished , keep it up !!

05 May 2007
[font='Verdana','sans-serif']oh yes really nice. Nice and cold! I love the bird elements and the icicles.[/font]

05 May 2007
here is a little update...i think the painting is almost done, i'm focusing on the animation right now...hope you like it!
waiting you comments and critics!
thanks
Fabio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg final_snow_.jpg (96.4 KB, 58 views)

05 May 2007
Thats looking great fabio.
Im wondering if the sky could be more saturated or the ruins less, to fit each other more.
Are you going to animate the birds ?

05 May 2007
Very nice. Great decision to extend the plate to the right as well, really opens up the composition and gives the viewer a sense of implied space. I think it might be sitting a little high, tonally, but it works for the winter/icestorm theme.

Thread Closed share thread