Glitch/bug/strange behaviour with Maya 2013 on Macbook Pro

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Glitch/bug/strange behaviour with Maya 2013 on Macbook Pro

Hi everybody!

I'm a blender user switching over to maya, and so far so good. Except when using the scale, move or rotate tools/manipulators or if I rotate my viewport to certain angles.

All I need to do to consistently reproduce this issue is move around on my scene with a model on the stage/grid area, and there's almost always an angle that it doesn't like, and suddenly long lines fill my viewport, going from top to bottom, in stripy colors. And it's a big inconvenience when trying to model anything.

I can't work out how to attach a screenshot here but would like to in order for everyone to understand what I'm describing.

I'm on a macbook pro running Lion OSX

Duncan

Old 05 May 2013   #2
To take a screenshot, Command-Shift-4, then marquee drag to select what you want to show.

To attach a screenshot to your post, scroll down a bit to the "Attach Files" section in the "Additional Options" block below the text block (see screenshot).

I've got the same setup as you, and will try to reproduce your problem, but need more info.

HTH,

--Tim

Old 05 May 2013   #3
make sure you have the latest Lion update. I would actually recommend updating to 10.8.3 since some issues have been addressed since Mountain Lion came out. 10.8.4 fixes another slight bug with AMD cards in viewport 2.

Old 05 May 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread