Answer- They Grow Underground, Michelle Boulad (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2007   #1
Answer- They Grow Underground, Michelle Boulad (2D)

Title: Answer- They Grow Underground
Name: Michelle Boulad
Software: Painter

Question: Where do baby fairies come from?
Crunched for time, I thought this would be a quickie So I put other (more time consuming) ideas for projects on hold and had a go at this months theme for http://childrensillustrator.deviantart.com/ . The theme this month was 'underground'.
I didn't have a clue what I was going to paint, like I told a friend the only thing I could think of was 'dirt'. So I started painting the sky and the dirt, and hit inspiration when I started painting in a tulip bulb
I thought this would be fast, but fell in love with the theme...so it ended up taking more like 30 hours than the 10- 15 I'd planned on. I love it when a painting is so engaging it's hard to stop :)
Painter, wacom.

Old 05 May 2007   #2
what a terrific idea and so well done. i can tell that you had fun doing this. if i may ask, which brushes did you use for this.

Old 05 May 2007   #3
Thumbs up

Ohh WoW..The concept and the execution of that idea is really awesome indeed..Loved ur whole pallette..Loved the blending of colors..Petals are looking soft and good as well as children..Nice painting..Good job done..

HASAN ALI AKHTAR
Creative Director - Multimedia Artist

Old 05 May 2007   #4
Thanks very much for your comments

CNell, I used the soft blender brush from oil paint, a bit of soft oil pastel, and 'just add water' blender brush. And the detail oil brush sz 5 for finishing details. also the smear brush set on very low opacity to settle the colours in, its one of my favourites

Old 05 May 2007   #5
Michelle thank you very much for the brush info. Really love this piece!
claudia

Old 05 May 2007   #6
Of course, you can always do better, but this idea and the way you got around it is very successfull in my opinion. What a good idea, what a nice way to do this picture. It is very nearly perfect in my eyes. A little more work on it here and there and it would be theeee perfect piece !

Old 05 May 2007   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread