GeoPoly for maya?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
GeoPoly for maya?

There is a feature in 3ds max where by you can take an 'n' sided poly face and if geo poly would be used it turned it into a circle. Is there somehting similar in MAYA ?

1 Week Ago
How is an octagon a circle?

"Like stone we battle the wind... Beat down and strangle the rains..."

1 Week Ago
It's still in the early stages of evolution. In the due course of time, natural selection will cause its descendants to develop more verts

But to OP's question, in Maya 2018 you can select the face and use Edit Mesh->Circularize. Or if you're using an older Maya, you could make a cylinder with the correct number of sides, line it up where you want, and manually snap your verts to it.

Last edited by spire2 : 1 Week Ago at 10:37 PM.

1 Week Ago
Okay, Thanks guys i guess i'll have to make do with making a cylinder and snapping the verts to it.

1 Week Ago
Looks like someone made a script for this type of thing, it says it supports Maya 2013+. I never used it but it's well reviewed (and free):

Circulator for Maya

4 Days Ago
use zhcgpolytools for maya, is a set of python scripts with tons of cool stuff on them, one of them is a circlelize tool with some option on it, really handy if you don't have access to 2018, and even with access to 2018, there's a lot of cool tool on zhcgpolytools

reply share thread