Maya 2018 - Bug Reports!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
Maya 2018 - Bug Reports!

Since Autodesk had to dedicate an entire new release (Maya 2018) just for fixing problems, i belive it´s a good idea to create a bug report list including every unsolved bug (ONLY BUGS YOU CAN´T FIX) this way we can help them to identify Maya problems so they can fix them fast and focuse on developing new stuff by finding bugs quickly, unless you want all new releases to focus only on bugs...

Please share your list of problems for Autodesk Maya 2018.

My list of unsolved bugs (it will be continiously udated)

1) Maya crashes when in "edit mode" for sculping blendshapes  i try to move the slider, it seems like Maya cant compute both things, animation and sculpting while in edit mode, it happens every time and i need to turn off "edit" while making a blendshape first, then move slider.
2)  Maya turns off undo automaticaly, suddenly i try to ctrl+z and a red message says i cant undo, then i have to go preferences and activate undo, it happens a lot without warnings, it just turss off undo wenever it wants to.
3) meshes gone, but everything seems fine on attributes, and outliner, i just save my scene, re-open and voila mesh gone, after many tries i get an error message called: "non-manifold polygonal geometry" it seems this problem is old, never fixed and you cant recuperate any mesh lost.
4) Bump and displacement completly different in viewport and final render, i need to use render view to have an exact look of the bump, then why show bump in the viewport if it doesn´t represent the real bump...?
5) Arnold materials become white, this problem started to happen after Maya bought Arnold, while working with the object some materials change to white, then i need to "ogs -reset" on MEL, it never happened to me before Maya 2017 and it keeps happening every time with Maya 2018.
6) Whenever i start animating it crashes, sending this message: file contains unknown nodes or data.

Ok guys, share your bugs, lets help Autodesk!

Last edited by Bloops : 3 Days Ago at 08:01 AM.

1 Week Ago
have you reported the issue..? whats the bugnumber..?

reply share thread