Curve on skin problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2014
Curve on skin problem

I am trying to take a character rig I have made and add curves to it's surface. I made all the curves then do the skin weight smooth and attempt to copy the skin wakes from the character to the curves. The curves move but they don't move the same way as the character skin. There are far too many curves to weight the points individually. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
James

02 February 2014
I guess the curves are arbitrary. Ie. they don't follow the mesh's edges?

02 February 2014
Yeah, It Looks A Bit Like A Topology Map On His Skin. I Am Using A WRap deformer Right Now But It's Really Clunky.

02 February 2014
ok, I think I understand. A render would have been appropriate though.
But I understand the issue in that the control points don't coincide with the mesh's vertices.

Off the top of my head I'd suggest clustering curve points and parent to rivet nodes attached to the character mesh.

However, for large amounts of curves this would require you to script the placement of each rivet to the character mesh to place it in the closest proximity to that control point it should be the parent of...
I'm not even really sure about what would be required to do that.

02 February 2014
Ok, thank you. I'll try and figure out something along those lines if I can.
Relatively new to scripting so this could be rough. Again, thanks.

02 February 2014
Do you have enough points on your curves to support the deformation? You may need to rebuild them with more points to allow them to deform and follow the mesh.

02 February 2014
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread